St. Joseph Home is a non-profit organization located in the Greater Cincinnati Region which serves the support needs of individuals living with developmental and intellectual disabilities. For over 140 years we have faced and met the needs of the most vulnerable. Today SJH staffs an ICF, a community waiver home and a day programming center. As we grow into new lines of business and revenue we need the talent, team and drive to make growth successful.
WHO WE NEED
St. Joseph Home is looking for an outstanding partner to help us build and grow our volunteer program. We need someone who can lead our recruitment, training and innovation with volunteers. In this role the individual would be both a detailed organizer as well as contribute to the broader strategic thinking of the development department and the organizational culture. SJH needs amazing volunteers, we cannot reach our organizational goals without them. Come join our team and make it happen!!!!
The Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for the maintaining and building of our volunteer program, facilitating engagement between volunteers and SJH departments, and creating a welcoming culture for learning and serving. S/He will work closely with the Development/Advancement team ensuring all efforts are in harmony.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
• Volunteer Identification and Coordination
• Recruit volunteers and interns to SJH including but not limited to: student and corporate groups, service retreats, one on one volunteers, department specific functional volunteers, etc
• Match volunteer opportunities to internal needs and requests
• Maintain volunteer database
• Process all volunteer requests and applications
• Interview and assess volunteer candidates
• Maintain a volunteer appreciation process
• Maintain volunteer communication
• Maintain processing of all volunteer rules and regulations per licensure
• Volunteer Engagement and Training
• Coordinate volunteer orientation
• Provide in-service and trainings regularly
• Provide on-going evaluation of volunteers engagement and program goals
• Provide cutting edge, innovative training specific to the field of Developmental Disabilities
• Committee Membership
• Member of the board’s Development Committee
• Member of Events Committees
• Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in related profession
Traits and Competencies
• Excellent Emotional Intelligence skills
• Excellent oral and written communication; proficient public speaker and presenter
• Excellent collaborator and someone that can quickly partner with both internal and external resources
• Can quickly understand our mission and drive our future development efforts
• Skills in prioritization, administration, planning and organization
• Warm and welcoming
• Easy going and flexible
• Able to quickly connect with people
• Willing to go the extra mile
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This is a part-time position with 20 hours per week and hours may vary.