- Do you have a passion to improve healthcare and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible reproductive healthcare decisions?
- Do you have new, creative fundraising strategies to bring to an organization?
- Do you welcome the opportunity to be a community-wide advocate with a diverse group of stakeholders?
- Have you played a leadership role in successful fundraising campaigns?
About Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio Region (PPSWO):
Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio Region’s mission is to provide access to high quality affordable health care and education that empower people to make informed private decisions about their reproductive lives and sexual health. Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio is one of 54 locally governed affiliates of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
For almost 90 years, Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio has been the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate for communities in Southwest Ohio. Seven health centers in the region provide a wide range of reproductive health care services to over 20,000 patients each year. This translates into over 35,000 separate appointments during last fiscal year.
As a vital part of the community, Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio has earned the trust of its patients, more than 7,000 donors and supporters, and thousands of advocates and volunteers. Many people are coming off the sidelines to support Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio – in fact, their donor list increased by about 600 people in 2018 and donations have been up substantially in the last several years.
The Vice President of Development and Community Impact directs and manages the development (fundraising) activities of PPSWO and external relationships with community partners and grant-making organizations. The VP reports to the CEO and serves as a member of the Senior Management Team and the Strategic Plan Oversight Committee with responsibility, along with the CEO and other senior staff, for accomplishing PPSWO’s mission and goals.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and manages all fundraising activities including the major gifts program, research and cultivation of prospects, the annual giving program, special events, and capital campaigns.
- Supervises a development staff of four employees, outside contractors, and fundraising volunteers.
- Works with Planned Parenthood Advocates of Ohio (“PPAO”) and Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio (“PPGOH”) to raise funds for advocacy initiatives.
- Builds and maintains relationships with grant-making organizations, major donors and community stakeholders to secure funding for PPSWO services and bring awareness to the work.
- Partners with the CEO to represent PPSWO in the community and interface with community partners.
- Proactively prepares the CEO for regular external donor meetings.
- Collaborates with the Board Development Champion to ensure that all Board Members are engaged in support of fundraising efforts.
- Develops and implements a strategy to measure and share the impact of Planned Parenthood’s services on broader community-wide goals and initiatives.
- Maintains relationships with the development department at the Planned Parenthood Federation of America and represents PPSWO in national and regional activities focused on fundraising and fund distribution policies.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong commitment to the mission of Planned Parenthood
- Minimum five (5) years managing a development team responsible for major gifts, planned giving, grants, foundations, and special events
- Experience leading a major capital campaign a plus
- Proven success “making the ask” and securing major gifts; an effective closer
- Commitment to racial equity and experience engaging with diverse donors
- Effective manager who develops a strong team
- Unflappable in the face of crisis or high stress situations; able to manage multiple projects
- Productive member of a senior leadership team, including participation in the strategic planning process
- Experience partnering with an active, engaged Board
- Polished presentation skills and strong writing skills
- Well-networked in Greater Cincinnati and Dayton, or the demonstrated ability to establish a network in a timely fashion
- Solutions oriented mindset with a willingness to jump in when needed
- A history of meeting a high bar and getting things done even when facing obstacles
- Solid understanding of donor database/development software
- Ability to utilize social media and other media to communicate with potential donors
- Knowledge of health care policy and prior experience in a legislative environment are pluses but not required
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and Saturday
- Lead and develop a talented and passionate team
- Work collaboratively with a mission-focused leadership team
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results-focused environment where new ideas are embraced
- Make a positive impact in the lives of patients and in the community
Compensation depends on experience and is competitive. Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, please send a brief cover letter and resume to Barry Elkus email@example.com.