Midway University is seeking a Vice President of Advancement. The Vice President is the chief advancement officer, reports directly to the President, and serves as a member of the President’s Advisory Council. The Vice President will provide vision, leadership, and direction for all advancement and alumni activities.
Founded in 1847 and affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Midway University began admitting male students into its traditional daytime undergraduate program in August 2016 and has experienced transformational growth in a short period of time. Midway University also offers adult undergraduate degree completion and graduate programs through evening and online delivery. The main campus is located in Midway, Kentucky in the center of the Bluegrass Region and 15 miles outside Lexington. More than 120-acres of the 200-acre campus are dedicated to the institution’s equine program.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Translate current and emerging priorities into achievable fundraising targets, map out plans for action, and execute those plans related to annual giving, planned giving, grants, and campaign giving.
- Focus on major gifts and travel as necessary.
- Identify prospects outside the network of current alumni and friends of the university and cultivate meaningful relationships with these individuals.
- Oversee alumni relations and engagement opportunities.
- Manage a team of individuals who are responsible for, but not limited to, proposal development and execution, research on potential funding sources, management of donor information and stewardship and hold direct reports accountable for goals.
- Establish positive working relationships across the University.
- Serve as a University advocate in the community, with local leaders, business and corporate partners.
- Select and manage opportunities for the President, Board members and key staff to represent the University at community events.
- Collaborate with marketing on the development of communication materials including print, web and social media.
- Provide statistical analysis and accurate reports to the Board and senior leaders.
- Develop and monitor an annual budget for the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- A passion and dedication for the mission and values of the University.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical aspects of fundraising and obligations to donors.
- Understanding of advancement best practices and higher education.
- Track record of success raising six and seven-figure gifts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- High energy and positive attitude.
- Eight plus years of progressive advancement experience with management and campaign responsibilities is highly desirable.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Midway University is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.