Supervisor: President/Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision Date: 11/1/2018
The Sr. Director of Global Development will lead the development and implementation of a strategic fundraising plan across OneSight globally. This includes major outright gifts, institutional giving, foundation giving, planned giving, grants and crowd funding including customer donations at retail partners.
S/he will develop and implement strategies that align OneSight’s strengths, initiatives and priorities with fundraising opportunities and will play a key role in positioning OneSight on the leading edge within a myriad of disciplines in an effort to increase fundraising and collaborations for OneSight.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development of the overall framework for fundraising including fundraising sources, prioritization of the funding sources, resource requirements across each and planned timeline for revenue generations.
- Develop and execute an integrated strategic plan for advancing OneSight’s donor development program. Included will be revenue growth and stewardship strategies focused on major gifts, institutional giving, foundation giving, planned giving, crowd funding and customer register donations.
- Lead the development and execution of OneSight crowd funding programming work closely with the Brand Growth team to develop the right crowd funding processes and targets for each brand growth initiative around the world.
- Develop the right fundraising strategies for key global markets including United States, Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America.
- Lead the development of a pipeline of prospective donors at major gift levels.
- Lead and develop direct reports to provide clear, prioritized direction and coaching which enables them to deliver the fundraising plan successfully.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with key prospects.
- Ensure high potential donors are identified and cultivated across all campaigns and activities.
- Maintain excellent relationships with board members and utilize them effectively for relationship development.
- Ensure donors and prospects are informed of key OneSight initiatives and impact through communications and donor events.
- Organize donor related programs and cultivation events. Build strategic relationships with key influencers to drive donations.
- Partner with Brand Growth in creating new high-profile fundraising experiences to drive OneSight visibility and OneSight fundraising.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Assist with special projects, as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Fundraising or related field
- MBA preferred
- Occasional travel required to meet with key stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Communications or related field, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of development experience
- Experience in all aspects of donor development, including planned giving, major gifts, institutional giving and foundation giving and crowd funding with a proven track record of donor identification/solicitation success.
- Possess formal training in major gifts, planned giving and other donor development activities a plus.
- Understanding of and experience with non-profit organizations, donor-centric fundraising and best practice techniques.
- Ability to find new and efficient ways to create innovative approaches to increase efficiency with programs.
- Knowledge of donor database management and ability to leverage for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Passionate about your role, at easetalking to new people, eager to learn and inspired to be a part of something big.
- Productive performer that can manage multiple threads, make accurate forecasts, and hit major milestones.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to be a self-starter, taking the initiative to solve problems/pursue business opportunities.
- Constructively challenges the process and takes the initiative to search for opportunities to grow, improve & innovate.
- Previous experience managing and developing a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to make compelling public presentations.
- Experience managing complex programs and capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce
Global Headquarters are located in Mason, Ohio (USA); candidate is not required to relocate, but is expected that the successful candidate will be present in the headquarters office at key meetings and/or willing and able to communicate effectively from a remote location.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.
Interested candidates should respond to HR@onesight.org.