Are you a detail-oriented individual looking to make an impact on the world through your career? Do you love telling a good story and being part of a hardworking team, bringing your unique talents to accomplish incredible results?
If so, we have the perfect job for you! Cooperative for Education (CoEd) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Guatemala through education. CoEd accomplishes this mission by helping kids learn to read, graduate, and thrive throughout their lives. By providing sustainable education tools (like books and computers), teacher training, and scholarships, CoEd strives to address the root causes of poverty in Guatemala, rather than merely treating its symptoms.
We are looking for a Sponsorship Specialist who is a people-person, well-organized, and detail-oriented.
This position is responsible for supporting the sponsorships team by:
- Ensuring prompt and friendly communication with individual donors regarding their questions, payments, sponsored student/program, etc.
- Assist with creation and sending of mass mailings and emailed communications to steward donor’s gifts and build trust Facilitate and track one-to-one sponsor and student communication
- Collaborate with the team to create and utilize marketing and communications materials, especially related to sponsorships
- Support fundraising team in prospecting and regular appeals
- Coordinate with program teams in Guatemala to collect and share information with donors
- Update donor database and maintain efficient tracking systems for communications
- Pull data and reports for reporting and sponsorship updates
- Assist with general office tasks as needed
Our IDEAL candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- You’re filled with gratitude
- You love showing others the appreciation they deserve and recognize that thoughtfulness is key when communicating with donors
- You value attention to detail
- You care about the little things, and carry out your work with thought and integrity
- You’re even watching for typos, and this sentence made your eye twitch
- You’re passionate about empowering students
- You recognize the importance of education, and long to make a difference by connecting promising students with supporters who can help them surmount the barriers to their success
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to interact and work effectively with donors, volunteers and colleagues
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- High level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Database experience and/or tech-savviness preferred. Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Spanish speaking ability strongly preferred
- Paid travel to Guatemala (temporarily on hold due to COVID-19)
- 20 days of paid time off with opportunity to apply for an additional week of paid time off to study Spanish
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible schedule & family-friendly work environment
- Pleasure of working alongside some of the smartest, most talented, and most fun-loving people you will ever meet
- Continuous learning and improvement environment with a focus on both mentoring and professional development
- Chance to make a life-changing impact on kids in Guatemala.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, entry-level position based in our Cincinnati, Ohio office and starting as soon as possible. Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we have a primary focus on keeping our team members safe, so work will temporarily be remote.
Compensation Range: $15.00 – $17.00/hour
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply using the form on our website at www.coeduc.org/careers/
Applications submitted prior to February 12th will receive priority consideration. No phone calls, please.
Cooperative for Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on-the-basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state laws.