This position is responsible for planning, organizing, managing and executing special events for Stepping Stones. The purpose of these events is to raise funds while also introducing new friends and donors to the agency. This person will be responsible for directing the activities of volunteers and staff who are assisting with the planning and execution of special events.
- Provide leadership that ensures the successful planning/execution of Stepping Stones’ four special events: Open Your Heart, Sporting Clays Tournament, Golf Outing and Bloom.
- Leadership and support of the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of event sponsors and individual donors; achieve aggressive financial sponsorship goals annually.
- Work collaboratively with volunteer committees to ensure event success
- With assistance from the Director of Development, lead and support event committees, including the cultivation and recruitment of additional committee members as needed; actively and strategically work to develop succession plans for key volunteer roles.
- Research, identify, recruit, train and lead volunteers toward significant action for Stepping Stones in assigned responsibilities.
- Research, identify and cultivate new sponsorship and donor prospects.
- Become immersed in the community through networking and engagement in a way that brings new resources to Stepping Stones.
- Strengthen existing donor and volunteer relationships via regular contact, recognition events and other stewardship opportunities to encourage retention and increases in giving.
- Project management for at least four major events a year: Open Your Heart in February, Golf Classic in June, Bloom in September and the Sporting Clays Tournament in October.
- Work with Director of Development and volunteer committees to set fundraising goals for each event.
- Negotiate pricing and pro bono activities of vendors and suppliers who support special events.
- Cultivate new vendors/suppliers as needed for each special event and maintain relationships with current vendors/suppliers throughout the year.
- Create and manage the budget for each special event; track and report spending and income for each special event.
- Develop and write correspondence, reports and proposals as needed.
- Conduct research among attendees and sponsors after each special event and make necessary adjustments to future events based on the responses.
- Document, track and keep records for each special event, reapplying learning from each one to improve effectiveness of the next one.
- Attend Development Committee meetings to represent special events and make reports/discuss upcoming priorities.
- Develop forms and e-Commerce cart items in Raiser’s Edge to support events
- Ensure that all special event attendees and donors get added to the donor database in Raiser’s Edge.
- Manage the marketing and communications related to each event, working collaboratively with the agency’s Development Marketing and Communications staff member.
- Work with designers, printers, video production companies, etc. to create marketing and event collateral materials for each event.
- Additional duties may be assigned as a part of this role as needed by the Director of Development. These may include, but are not limited to, managing a small number of third party event partnerships each year
- Events are organized and executed on time and on budget.
- Meet fundraising goals for each event, including annual growth targets.
- Volunteer needs for each event are met via strategic and well-planned recruitment efforts
- Increase amount of pro bono and donated services supporting special events in order to lower costs and generate higher net returns from special events.
- New fundraising ideas developed and incorporated into the special events.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years’ experience working fundraising events
- Experience recruiting volunteers and working collaboratively with them to support events
- Experience working with existing donors as well as with researching, identifying and cultivating new prospects
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Flexibility to flow to the work wherever needed in the agency
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends plus long hours in the weeks just prior to special events
- Strong writing and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work with people from all walks of life, from children with disabilities to corporate leaders who are sponsors of special events
- Ability to give directions and supervise work of individuals who do not officially report to the Special Events Manager
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge
This is a full-time position with a benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, 403(b) and PTO.
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
To Apply: To be considered for this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter via email, with subject line “Special Events Manager” to Rosemary Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.