The Special Events, Communication and Volunteer Coordinator position is directly responsible for planning, managing, implementing and evaluating special events and volunteers. Developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the Annual Special Events Plan.
For each event, you will:
- Provide concept development, budget management, event promotion, logistics, reservations, wrap-up and evaluation.
- Coordinate special event volunteers including tracking hours and responsibilities.
- Coordinate volunteer cultivation efforts including conducting interviews, tours, training, scheduling to assist staff and volunteer recognition.
- Ensure volunteers meet BHS criteria prior to volunteering.
- Coordinate volunteer projects in accordance with agency needs as well as ‘friend-raising’ while ensuring every volunteer feels needed and valued.
- Follow up with volunteers for feedback and to extend the invitation to continue volunteering.
- Ensure all volunteer groups have appropriate supplies and that all their needs are met to ensure a successful and fulfilling volunteer opportunity.
- Market volunteer opportunities and donations on agency website, various social media, volunteer match, etc. needed for agency operations.
- Post agency news/volunteer stories and pictures on social media.
- Convert volunteers into GIK and financial donors.
- Prepare monthly volunteer operations report for dashboard.
- Track hours and cross-reference data (agency calendar, GIK’s and emails) to ensure best possible accuracy for end-of-year reporting.
- Participate in all efforts to publicize the agency and its activities, services and events through publications, website and social media.
The most successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or any combination of education, training, and/or experience equivalent to completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience with a non-profit organization in special events management, development and/or marketing/PR.
- Knowledge of information technology, computer systems, and software.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products and related tools and applications.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (RE) database or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in social media and website management is required
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to:
Mary Bennett Brown
Human Resources Director
Bethany House Services