The Senior Manager, Major Gifts is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive individual giving strategy that includes identifying, cultivating, and expanding significant individual donor relationships and moves management across United Way of Greater Cincinnati’s (UWGC) individual giving portfolio. Ensures the development and execution of comprehensive relationship management strategies and the achievement of assigned growth, retention, participation, and revenue goals for the individuals within assigned portfolio. Ensures the delivery of a year-round engaging experience for all donors and volunteers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manages portfolio of top-level individual donor relationships across the UWCG’s footprint and leads and inspires staff responsible for pipeline portfolios and donor affinity groups.
- Ensures deep, strategic, year-round, sustainable relationships between the donors and prospects within assigned portfolio are cultivated.
- Identifies the philanthropic goals and objectives of each individual and prospect, establishing oneself as a primary resource and contact in their relationship with the United Way.
- Drives awareness of the United Way, its mission, fundraising, and recruitment needs to the individuals and prospects within assigned portfolio.
- Partners with Corporate Relations and Area Center Directors to prospect, engage, and retain potential donors across the UWGC footprint.
- Collaborates with Corporate Relations, Marketing, Community Impact, Finance and Volunteer Connection to tailor strategies for the individuals and prospects within assigned portfolio.
- Engages key volunteer leaders in the implementation strategies within assigned portfolio.
- Ensures the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and process for the individuals and prospects within assigned portfolio is managed, analyzing data and reports for opportunity and risk identification. Utilizing key metrics, tracks and evaluates effectiveness of strategies, campaigns, and overall results to achieve better outcomes.
- Provides insight into the planning and execution of special events, participating in key events with donors, prospects, and the United Way and the communities and agencies supported.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required. Master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
- Eight or more years professional work experience, with five or more years previous experience in a fundraising, development, sales, communication and/or public relations capacity required. Thorough working knowledge of relationship-based fund-raising procedures and philosophies.
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills, with the proven ability to solicit information from others.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Proven ability to create, grow and retain strong customer relationships.
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships across organizations and work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), required.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Local travel within the regional area, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
COMPETENCIES: Dynamic Leadership, Organizational/Strategic Planning, Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Technologically Proficient
Applicants should apply by Friday, September 11, 2020 via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion