Job Skills / Requirements:
The Senior Major Gift Officer plays and essential role in building philanthropic partnerships with alumni, individuals and families in support of Centre College’s expanding major gift program and individual giving efforts. Reporting to the Executive Director of Development (EDoD) and the Vice President of Development, the Senior Major Gift Officer is primarily responsible for meeting annual engagement, solicitation and income metrics through data-driven, relationship-based frontline fundraising work with individual donors. This work will require close collaboration with the Development team as well as institutional stakeholders.
The Senior Major Gift Officer will be expected to manage a giving pipeline and associated portfolio of current, lapsed, and potential philanthropic alumni, parents and supporters, with a priority on those capable of making 6- and 7-figure gifts and multi-year commitments. With a mature portfolio, this position is expected to raise approximately $1 million annually through personally managed solicitations. Ensuring that all prospect strategies, short and long term, are thoughtfully designed and implemented. This position will aid prospects in making their greatest, most impactful and transformational gifts to Centre College through annual, major, and planned giving vehicles.
Essential Job Functions
- Following best practices in donor development and moves-management, supports and leads efforts to execute short- and long- term fundraising strategies for a portfolio of 150 donors/prospects.
- Devotes majority of time to direct frontline activities to engage, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects; this includes conducting background research, requesting visits, in-person or virtual meetings, proposal development, donor correspondence, contact reports, and stewardship activities.
- Completes a minimum of 10-15 meaningful and substantive face-to-face contacts per month with a minimum of 125 donor visits per year.
- Submits at least 24 proposals per year with a financial goal of raising a minimum of $1,000,000 annually with increasing expectations based on performance, career progression, portfolio and individual gift pipeline maturity and capacity.
Program and Pipeline Management
- Works with Executive Director of Development and other frontline fundraisers to develop and track unrestricted and project/priority specific individual and team giving pipelines.
- Meets regularly with other frontline Gift Officers and Development colleagues to review individual portfolio and program gift pipelines.
- Works closely with senior staff, departmental and institutional colleagues to understand top institutional priorities for philanthropic partnership.
- Collaborates and contributes to the development of related giving opportunities, collateral, cases for support, recognition opportunities, etc. so as to be a knowledgeable and persuasive advocate for an array of institutional priorities.
Departmental and Institutional Initiatives
- As part of Centre College’s integrated fundraising operation, participates regularly in strategic and operational business of the development department, including annual planning and goal-setting.
- Participates in the training and professional development critical to the success of a growing and maturing individual fundraising program.
- Staff various alumni and donor events throughout the year on- and off-campus.
Financial Planning and Reporting
- Works with Executive Director of Development on regular revenue projections from assigned portfolio giving pipeline, including annual, mid-year and quarterly priority and program projections.
- Ensures that all solicitation activity and strategy is accurately tracked in CRM to facilitate time reports and financial forecasts.
- Maintain and manage individual travel logistics and budget including documentation of expenses. Adhering to all budget and travel policies.
- Appreciation of and experience working with a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
Marginal Job Functions
- Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
- Five to ten years of direct fundraising experience, specific to major gifts.
- Proven history of personally soliciting and securing gifts of six and seven figures from individuals, preferably within the higher education setting.
- Strong ability to use and adapt to a variety of software and productivity tools, including Microsoft Office, collaboration software and various CRM systems (including Raisers Edge, Millennium, Blackbaud FPM, Salesforce, or similar tools).
- Ability to travel locally and nationally to meet with donors and achieve the objectives of this position.
- Ability to work nights and weekends in order to staff college and donor cultivation events. Valid driver’s license.
Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough understanding and command of annual giving and major gift fundraising and moves-management concepts, principles, techniques, procedures, and practices. Requiring a highly developed attention to detail, pipeline management, and organizational skills.
- Outstanding written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including effective listening, emotional intelligence and political acumen, in order to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally. In order to effectively discern the interests and concerns of a diverse community of donors and constituency groups.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion, and excellent judgement in handling sensitive information.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, including skills in creative and effective decision-making, problem solving, and conflict resolution.
- Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 15 lbs.
- Mobility on campus and ability to travel necessary.
Salary Range: $75,000 to $85,000 and will be based on experience of the applicant.
Interested candidates please apply online: https://www.rootstockjobs.com/jobs/70199650-senior-major-gift-officer-at-centre-college?utm_campaign=google_jobs_apply&utm_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic