Job Summary: Job ID: 6925 Unclassified FT (Salary)
The Senior Director of Development will help advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of donors and prospects of Miami University. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support for the Farmer School of Business.
- Implement and direct imbedded campaign initiatives within the Farmer School of Business capital campaign in response to its campaign priorities and initiatives. Manage and develop strategies for all prospects of the Farmer School of Business.
- Identify, cultivate, and personally solicit alumni, parents and friends of Miami University for gifts of $100,000 and above. Manage an exclusive portfolio of approximately 50-65 individual prospects.
- Prepare and present gift proposals to prospects with the input and assistance of faculty, administrators, and deans, as well as other constituent and central development officers. Proposals may involve establishing multi-year commitments, as well as helping to facilitate gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Work closely with the Dean, Department Chairs and Faculty of the Farmer School of Business in developing prospects and donor relationships.
- Provide mentoring and management to less experienced members of the Farmer School development team.
- Advanced degree
- Experience in an educational environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years experience in fundraising, business development and/or relationship management roles
- Demonstrated level of leadership and management
- Outstanding oral and written communications
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level
For a more comprehensive list of job duties and responsibilities and to apply, please visit: https://miamioh.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=6925&job=senior-director-of-development-farmer-school-of-business
Miami University, an EO/AA employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.eduor 513-529-3560. Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.