The Senior Director of Development is an exempt (salaried) position employed by the University of Cincinnati Foundation (UCF) and reports to the Assistant Vice President for Development, West Campus, and to the Dean, McMicken College of Arts and Sciences.
The Senior Director of Development is responsible for planning, implementing and managing fundraising initiatives for the McMicken College of Arts and Sciences. The Senior Director also assumes leadership and management of three staff including coaching, professional development, and setting and maintaining progress toward the achievement of appropriate goals. Activities of the Senior Director will be coordinated with other UCF fundraising endeavors.
The Senior Director should have an appreciation for and ability to enthusiastically and knowledgeably promote the humanities, social sciences, and the natural sciences as disciplines in person and in writing.
- Work closely with the Assistant Vice President for Development in the preparation of an annual plan and the setting of individual and team goals
- Work closely with the Dean, academic departments, and other college personnel to prioritize college fundraising initiatives and activities
- Cultivate and solicit major gifts by maintaining a robust schedule of personal visits with alumni and friends within and outside the Cincinnati region
- Coordinate with other UCF fundraising endeavors and work collaboratively across colleges and units to support University-wide priorities and interdisciplinary initiatives, as needed
- Assist development officers, the Dean, and donors to develop gift agreements that adhere to the UC Foundation Gift Acceptance Policy and that reflect the intentions of the donor and the needs of the university
- Work collaboratively with UCF fundraising specialists (gift planning, corporate and foundation relations, and regional programs) for the benefit of the college and the University
- Participate fully in the UCF prospect and clearance process
- Oversee collaborative work of McMicken development staff and faculty with the UCF Annual Giving Office in preparing materials for the annual fund
- Prepare timely contact reports and ensure the accuracy of monthly reports
- Manage and evaluate development staff assigned to McMicken College
- Engage the support and partnership of faculty and professional staff leaders in the college to facilitate both their understanding of and participation in the development process
- Recruit and involve volunteers for college activities; coordinate with the Dean the engagement and activities of the College Advisory Board, and/or other volunteer groups which support the college in the future
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years of progressively responsible major gift fundraising experience, or advanced degree with 5-7 years of experience
- Previous management experience preferred
- Record of successful major gift solicitation and closure ($100K level and above)
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact favorably with a diverse group of individuals and to foster strong, productive relationships
- Willingness to travel and attend evening and weekend activities as needed
- A commitment to and passion for the role of development in advancing the mission of the University of Cincinnati
Interested candidates please apply on-line at: