StriveTogether leads a national movement of 70 communities to get better results for major milestones in a child’s life. We coach and connect community partnerships across the country to close gaps, especially for children of color and low-income children. The StriveTogether Cradle to Career Network reaches 10.5 million students, involves 10,800 organizations and has partners in 30 states and Washington, D.C. To learn more about our work, our impact and our team, visit strivetogether.org.
Reporting to the Vice President of External Affairs, the Senior Director of Development and Grants is responsible for managing and executing the strategic processes of grant acquisition and grant management, to support the organization’s sustainability and efforts to improve conditions for children across the country. The Senior Director will be a critical member of the External Affairs Department and lead the development team to make the grant process work effectively and efficiently. S/he will manage day-to-day development activities and operations to meet revenue and performance goals. S/he will support identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors through research and relationship development. Working closely with the Finance Department and Programs staff, s/he also will manage requirements for incoming grants by providing clear communication of grant initiation, guidelines, deliverables, allowable expenditures, reporting and other essential measures.
- Responsible for identifying potential funding sources and developing new funding partners with an emphasis on major gifts ($250K+) from individuals and foundations
- Lead efforts to grow our relationships with key foundation donors by building foundation cultivation and solicitation strategies for the CEO, Vice President of External Relations, Board of Directors and other senior staff members, as appropriate
- Adapt strategies to the funding cycles of various foundations and include in-person donor visits, calls, briefings, letters of support and events
- Manage design and implementation for StriveTogether funder programs and events
- Coordinate with programs, communications and accounting staff in support of development activities such as donor collateral and grant preparation
- Demonstrate a creative and innovative approach to collaboration and ability to navigate the needs of multiple stakeholders representing diverse interests and points of view, resulting in strong grant proposals and funder relationships
- Manage the onboarding and selection of development team
- Provide senior leadership and support to the External Affairs team
- Represent StriveTogether credibly to the philanthropic sector
- Support the Vice President of External Affairs in all strategic planning for the fundraising program, including annual budget development and ongoing revenue projections and benchmarking
- Support preparation of regular updates to keep StriveTogether leadership, board of directors, advisors and funders informed and engaged
- Ensure grant initiation follows an established sequence of steps to properly plan for compliance, timely reporting and impact evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, journalism, psychology or related field
- Proven ability to fundraise; demonstrated track record of developing and closing six-and-seven figure gifts
- Experienced with high net worth individual and foundation fundraising
- Possess understanding of education, community development, nonprofits and related fields
- Excellent organizational, planning, coordination and management skills
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
- Superb research and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic and complex environment
- Ability to approach situations and challenges with a sense of humor
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work with diverse groups
Compensation: StriveTogether offers competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
Click here to apply.
StriveTogether is an equal opportunity employer.