Establishes strategies and executes programs to secure and expand financial support for Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio (PPSWO) through major gifts ($25,000+) with individual and corporate prospects. Reporting to the Vice President of Development and Community Impact, the Senior Director of Development will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors for PPSWO both within and beyond the organization’s current donor base. Anyone seeking this position must have a solid understanding of creative ways to structure major gifts for maximum benefit to both parties. This position works collaboratively with the VP to create gift strategies, execute briefings and solicitations, and oversee stewardship.
- Plans and leads a major gifts strategy that includes prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of all major individual and corporate donors and prospects.
- Manages the above portfolios working in conjunction with the Vice President of Development using Moves Management.
- Continually assesses new prospects to look for engagement opportunities.
- Oversees a meaningful donor recognition program and events for major gifts prospects and donors.
- Develops, manages and tracks budgets for all assigned giving programs.
- Drafts and produces compelling written materials in conjunction with the marketing and communication teams, including case materials with budgets, collateral, solicitation support materials and gift proposals and agreements.
- Becomes a key player in achieving PPSWO’s revenue goals goals as established by the VP of Development and Senior Director of Development on schedule and in a manner consistent with the organization’s strategy and culture.
- Manages the work of the Assistant Director of Development and Grants Manager.
- Prepares Board of Trustees financial reports for meetings and works with the board for philanthropic training and development committee.
- Works with selected volunteers and volunteer committees. Work diligently to assure that volunteer solicitors are trained in fundraising, supported in their efforts and well prepared for meetings with donors.
- Responsible for maintaining all donor giving opportunity printed materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree and CFRE accreditation preferred.
- At least five (5) years of professional major gift fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Campaign experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to confidently ask for major gifts.
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities as they arise.
- Experience with fundraising tools; including direct mail, proposal writing, major gifts, and planned giving.
- Extensive experience securing major gifts, including a demonstrated successful record.
- Strong staff management skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Comfort working with volunteers, high net worth individuals and staff.
- Superb verbal and written communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Excellent personal and professional references.
- Managerial experience with volunteers.
- Experience with financial record-keeping software as well as common word processing, database management, spreadsheets and online communication technology.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally with individuals of diverse backgrounds in a non-judgmental manner.
- Must be able to exercise sound and independent judgment with high ethical standards.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality with donor information.
- Commitment to PPSWO’s mission, goals and objectives.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, sit, talk, hear, stand, bend, walk; use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and use repetitive motions of the hands and wrists.
- Ability to get to the work site and evening/weekends when required.
Must have a valid driver’s license and willingness to use personal vehicle in the course of employment
Interested candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org