Establishes strategies and executes programs to secure and expand financial support for Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio (PPSWO) through major gifts ($25,000+) with individual and corporate prospects. Reporting to the Vice President of Development and Community Impact, the Senior Director of Development will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors for PPSWO both within and beyond the organization’s current donor base. Anyone seeking this position must have a solid understanding of creative ways to structure major gifts for maximum benefit to both parties. This position works collaboratively with the VP to create gift strategies, execute briefings and solicitations, and oversee stewardship.
- Plans and leads a major gifts strategy that includes prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of all major individual and corporate donors and prospects.
- Manages the above portfolios working in conjunction with the Vice President of Development using Moves Management.
- Continually assesses new prospects to look for engagement opportunities.
- Oversees a meaningful donor recognition program and events for major gifts prospects and donors.
- Develops, manages and tracks budgets for all assigned giving programs.
- Drafts and produces compelling written materials in conjunction with the marketing and communication teams, including case materials with budgets, collateral, solicitation support materials and gift proposals and agreements.
- Becomes a key player in achieving PPSWO’s revenue goals goals as established by the VP of Development and Senior Director of Development on schedule and in a manner consistent with the organization’s strategy and culture.
- Prepares Board of Trustees reports for meetings.
- Works with selected volunteers and volunteer committees. Work diligently to assure that volunteer solicitors are trained in fundraising, supported in their efforts and well prepared for meetings with donors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree and CFRE accreditation preferred.
- At least five (5) years of professional major gift fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to confidently ask for major gifts.
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities as they arise.
- Experience with fundraising tools; including direct mail, proposal writing, major gifts, and planned giving.
- Extensive experience securing major gifts, including a demonstrated successful record.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Comfort working with volunteers, high net worth individuals and staff.
- Superb verbal and written communication, organizational, and administrative skills.
- Excellent personal and professional references.
- Managerial experience with volunteers.
- Experience with financial record-keeping software as well as common word processing, database management, spreadsheets and online communication technology.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally with individuals of diverse backgrounds in a non-judgmental manner.
- Must be able to exercise sound and independent judgment with high ethical standards.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality with donor information.
- Commitment to PPSWO’s mission, goals and objectives.
Interested candidates please apply online https://jobs.lever.co/ppswo/99661cd5-78a4-4d66-b03f-c0fb4b6c3e1e
Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation and gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.