Job ID: 6381 Unclassified FT (Salary)
The Senior Associate Director of Development will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support for the Farmer School of Business.
- Serve as a departmental liaison for the Farmer School of Business at Miami University in addressing their philanthropic and alumni relations objectives.
- Effect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends independently and occasionally with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers.
- Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends, and corporate partners through campus visits and regional events.
- Prepare and present departmental and divisional proposals to alumni and friends with the input and assistance of faculty, staff, administrators and deans.
- Proposals may involve tax planning, gifts of real estate, personal property, securities, and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance.
- Develop and implement service, cultivation, and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects with the support of Advancement Services and Office of Development staff and faculty and administrators.
- Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under guidance of the Associate Vice President for Development and External Relations for the Farmer School of Business and the Senior Associate Vice President for University Advancement.
- Bachelor degree required
- four years of corporate sales, business development and/or fund raising experience
- outstanding oral and written communications skills
- Commitment to collaborative approach to fundraising
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel extensively both on a regional and national level
- Fund raising experience in an educational setting, management experience
- Project management experience.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices.
Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.