Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Senior Administrative Assistant provides executive and administrative support to the President & CEO and the firm’s Leadership Team. The Senior Administrative Assistant also provides in-depth scheduling and administrative support to the Ignite Philanthropy client teams through coordinating meetings for the President & CEO, clients and stakeholders alike. This position offers an opportunity to learn about and be connected to the philanthropy sector and Greater Cincinnati community.
This position operates at a rapid pace. Clear communication, a high level of discretion, critical thinking and advanced organizational and prioritization skills are necessary for multitasking and keeping the company’s calendars operating efficiently. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and be able to work effectively with others in a small office environment. Professionalism, a service-oriented personality, excellent organizational skills, and exemplary written and oral communication skills are critical.
Executive & Team Assistance
- Serve as a core member of the Ignite Philanthropy team to support the work of both the Non-Profit Services Division and the Philanthropic Services Division
- Serve as primary scheduler and assistant for the Non-Profit Services Division
- Maintain the President & CEO’s calendar with acute attention to detail ensuring all arrangements are made for meetings and conference calls, including but not limited to booking off-site meeting rooms and making lunch/dinner reservations
- Coordinate and schedule client and stakeholder meetings
- Maintain confidential files and contact information for President & CEO and the entire firm
- Coordinate regional and domestic travel arrangements for CEO and Vice Presidents, as well as execute arrangements for their attendance at local fundraising events, board meetings and social events
- Draft and/or dictate correspondence from CEO or Vice Presidents
- Proofread correspondence and documents as needed
Office Administrative Support
- Be the face of Ignite Philanthropy by addressing and responding to all phone calls, greeting guests and providing exceptional hospitality
- Prepare conference rooms and office space for internal and external meetings; including but not limited to organizing and setting up lunch orders, meeting materials and troubleshooting presentation technology
- Participate in and actively exemplify a culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Contribute to the ongoing development of infrastructure, processes and procedures for the organization
- Participate in interdepartmental collaboration between the Non-Profit Services and Philanthropic Services division
- A minimum of 3-5 years of administrative experience
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to prioritize conflicting needs and address matters expeditiously, proactively and diplomatically
- Proven ability to anticipate business needs and use critical thinking and solutions-oriented approach
- Exceptional attention to detail and impeccable follow-through
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Ability to earn trust, confidence and respect amongst the internal team, clients, and external stakeholders
- Ability to discern and administer confidential matters
- Strong display of professionalism, poise, positive attitude and service-orientation
- Computer skills – must be highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Google Suite, specifically Google Calendar and have the ability to learn common software platforms
- A bachelor’s degree and requisite 3-5 years of experience, or an associate degree with 5-7 years’ experience
- Knowledge of and experience in the non-profit sector and working within the philanthropic community is preferred
- Be able to work the core hours of 9:00a – 5:00p and occasionally be able to work before or after these hours to support client meetings or special events
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary based on experience
- Competitive benefits package including parking stipend, paid vacation, health insurance and retirement contribution match
Submit cover letter and resume to Bethany Monahan here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
ABOUT IGNITE PHILANTHROPY:
Our Mission: To connect people, ideas and capital to fuel community solutions.
Aspiring to maximize the power of giving, Ignite Philanthropy works with private donors and non-profit organizations to leverage their resources and ideas to achieve greater impact in the communities they serve. Ignite Philanthropy serves the entire philanthropic and non-profit sector—from individuals, companies and foundations seeking to manage and enhance their charitable giving to non-profits looking for an experienced partner to help raise capital to accomplish their mission.
Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division provides strategic fundraising services and manages multi-million-dollar fundraising campaigns for non-profit clients. Our Non-Profit Services team combines deep knowledge of the local donor landscape with decades of non-profit fundraising and management experience and a track record of completing major capital campaigns for organizations both in Cincinnati and throughout the country. Our team has raised more than $175 Million in private dollars for non-profit capital projects and initiatives.
Ignite Philanthropy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply. Ignite Philanthropy is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.