Cooperative for Education‘s mission is to break the cycle of poverty in Guatemala through education. In addition to two administrative positions, we are currently hiring for a Sales and Marketing Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be a service-focused go-getter who wakes up every morning excited to grow our base of donors, sponsors, and volunteers for our trips to Guatemala.
Are you a detail-oriented individual looking to make an impact on the world through your career? Do you love being part of a hardworking and collaborative team, bringing your unique talents to accomplish incredible results? Were you that kid who sold the most candy bars for your school fundraiser or spent your summer Saturdays quenching the thirst of your neighbors through your lemonade stand? If so, we have the perfect job for you!
Cooperative for Education (CoEd) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Guatemala through education. CoEd accomplishes this mission by helping kids learn to read, graduate, and thrive throughout their lives. By providing sustainable education tools (like books and computers), teacher training, and scholarships, CoEd strives to address the root causes of poverty in Guatemala, rather than merely treating its symptoms.
We are looking for a Sales and Marketing Coordinator who is service-focused and a go-getter. This position is responsible for growing the number of individual student sponsors, program sponsors, and tour participants through:
- Creating and driving the sales and marketing plans in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Carrying out sales strategies for new leads generated from sales funnels, such as online forms and click-throughs.
- Proactively and systematically following up on incoming leads via email, phone, and in-person meetings.
- Expanding on current growth strategies, such as mass emails, marketing campaigns, increasing event attendance, and speaking engagements.
- Generating new business through research, networking, and identifying “connectors”.
- Supporting Sponsorship team and Major Gifts team with qualifying prospects.
- Developing and maintaining an efficient tracking system (sales grid) for leads and goals.
Our IDEAL candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- You’re filled with gratitude.You love showing others the appreciation they deserve and recognize that thoughtfulness is key when communicating with donors.
- You value attention to detail.You care about the little things, and carry out your work with thought and integrity. You’re even watching for typos, and this sentence made your eye twitch.
- You’re passionate about empowering students.You recognize the importance of education, and long to make a difference by connecting promising students with supporters who can help them surmount the barriers to their success.
Skills/ Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Please include your major and GPA from most recent degree in cover letter (even for non-recent graduates).
- 2+ years sales experience, including proven track record of driving campaigns and achieving sales goals.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Database experience and/or tech savviness preferred.
- eTapestry experience desired.
- Spanish speaking ability a plus.
This is a coordinator-level position based in our Cincinnati, Ohio office and starting in May 2019.
How to Apply:
Please apply through our listing on Indeed. Applications submitted prior to April 15 will receive priority consideration. No phone calls, please.
Cooperative for Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on-the-basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state laws.