CTRH is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to enhance lives by providing accredited therapeutic equine experiences in a safe, fun and compassionate environment. Our clients include children and adults with physical, cognitive, social, and psychological needs. CTRH is a Certified Premier Accredited Center through the Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Intl.) located in Milford, Ohio.
The Development Director is responsible for CTRH’s ongoing fundraising needs. Reporting to the executive director, they will organize large-scale fundraising initiatives, develop and execute development plans, plan and manage events, and build relationships with donors, staff and volunteers. The Development Director will also assist the Board Development Committee with implementing major giving and planned giving fundraising strategies. This role also oversees CTRH’s brand and online presence to ensure a consistent and compelling message to the public and our donor base.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of eight years of fund development experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Extensive grant writing experience preferred.
- Familiar with CRM nonprofit software, donor databases and other fundraising technology.
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Creative, self-starter attitude.
- Donor and volunteer service mentality.
- Organized and inspiring team leader.
- Research, draft and submit all grant proposals including grant follow-up and reporting.
- Plan and evaluate fundraising campaigns and activities.
- Develop and analyze marketing efforts to maintain the CTRH brand throughout social media, website and promotional materials.
- Identify and steward prospective donors.
- Recruit and train fundraising staff and volunteer leaders.
- Stay on top of fundraising trends and the nonprofit community.
- Communicate with donors and staff via email, phone or social media.
- Oversee special fundraising and marketing efforts such as mailings, community events, public speaking or donor solicitations.
- Maintain the development and marketing calendar.
- Create solicitation materials for the fundraising team.
Salary commensurate with experience. Expected number of hours is 25-30 hours per week but will be flexible for the right candidate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org