Job Title: Regional Development Manager
Position Type: Full -Time
Reports to: Vice President of Development
Location: Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Cincinnati, Administrative Office (600 Dalton Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45203)
Travel Required: Local
Level: Administrative Leadership
HR Contact: Falicia Grace / email@example.com / (513) 421-8909, ext. 17
Applications Accepted by: Fax – 513.421.8913 OR email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Function: The position works in partnership with the Vice President of Development, governing board, and local community advisory board to plan and execute resource development strategies in Clermont County. The Regional Development Manager will generate fundraising income through campaigns and events targeting individual donors and corporations within the Clermont County community.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of a strategic fundraising plan that will include annual appeals and fundraising events
- Evaluate giving trends and identify those with increased giving potential
- Work with VP of Development and board to solicit individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Builds working relationships and serve as the development liaison within our Clermont County service area (and other territories as assigned) to achieve fundraising success; and nurture a culture of philanthropic support
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits philanthropic support by developing and maintaining relationships with corporations and individual donors.
- Manages and maintains a donor/prospect portfolio and moves management plan of major gift donors
- Track fundraising income; compile status reports and variance reports
- Draft proposal narratives, cover letters, letters of inquiry for operating and programmatic support
- Design and oversee donor stewardship program.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, community organizations, leaders, donors and prospects
- Plan and execute annual fundraising events. Includes identifying venue and theme, recruiting in-kind support and services, obtaining event sponsors, attending to all food, decorations, invitations and logistical details, tracking all expenses and revenue, and, with the assistance of the Development Specialist, ensuring that all participants are appropriately thanked after the events’ conclusion.
- Create and maintain dynamic event committees for the annual fundraising events. Includes recruiting new members, maintaining communication, following up on assigned tasks, maintaining committee minutes and serving as staff support for committee members.
- Manage expenses within budget.
- Perform other duties or projects as needed.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
Minimal physical effort required to sit, stand, bend, stoop, lift and walk. However, activities will be varied due to working with youth and could require running and extended periods of standing and walking. Maximum unassisted lift = 50 lbs. Average lift less than 25 lbs. Requires ability to use computer, various standard and specialized software and database systems, keyboard, calculator and typical office machines. Requires travel to other Clubs and community agencies for meetings and training events.
Inside average office environment. Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment required. Ambient temperature between 68 and 76 degrees Fahrenheit.
Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 4 years successful experience in development or fundraising and/or sales.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Highly developed attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Strong ability to network.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required.
- Excellent customer service.
- Available to work some Saturdays and some evenings.
- Experience with a donor database is preferred.
Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as general internet usage.