Reports To: Director of Development
St. Vincent de Paul has been serving residents of the Cincinnati area for 149 years. More than 950 volunteers and staff provide assistance with basic needs such as food, clothing, furniture and homelessness prevention to neighbors in need through the agency’s outreach centers in the West End and Winton Hills, and through 56 parish-based volunteer conferences. When the poor and vulnerable of our community have no other place to turn, St. Vincent de Paul is there for them.
Scope of Position: The Planned Giving and Grants Manager is responsible for soliciting funding for the organization through foundation, corporate, individual and government sources. This role organizes all components of the organization’s grant funding and planned giving programs. This role supervises all processes related to the donor database in order to ensure proper identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement and stewardship of each donor.
- Research potential grant and planned giving opportunities.
- Write compelling grant proposals and reports in collaboration with the Director of Development and appropriate program staff members.
- Compile output and outcome data required for the grant writing and reporting process.
- Manage a grants calendar to ensure all proposals and reports are submitted in an organized and timely manner.
- Develop and execute marketing plan to expand donors’ and advisors’ awareness of St. Vincent de Paul’s planned giving options.
- Maintain planned giving policies and serve as a planned giving resource for the development team.
- Manage relationships, from identification to stewardship, with current and prospective planned giving donors and other major donors.
- Create and facilitate engagement opportunities and recognition for planned giving donors.
- Oversee all processes related to the donor database, including reporting (financial and contacts) and maintenance.
- Act as a backup to the Development Assistant.
- Support and serve as a member of the organization’s external Relationship Building Committee.
- Assist in executing all special events.
- Participate in networking and community events as a representative of St. Vincent de Paul to develop and maintain community relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years experience in development or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with planned giving options
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to multitask and work well under deadlines
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Experience working with a donor database, preferably Donor Perfect
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Job duties can primarily be performed from a desk using standard office equipment, however, there will also be some walking, standing, bending, and carrying light items up to 35 pounds. Travel by automobile is required.
Send cover letter and resume to Denise Jewell at email@example.com
No phone calls please.