The Family Independence Initiative (FII) is a national organization that has developed a continuously evolving platform (UpTogether) to accelerate social and economic mobility for individuals and families living with low incomes. Over the past 19 years, FII has partnered directly with individuals and families to demonstrate that investment made directly in their strengths and initiatives delivers strong and sustainable outcomes for low-income families. We have proven that galvanizing social networks in low-income communities, honoring the self-determination of individual families, and leveraging existing capacities results in achieving significant progress toward social and economic mobility. Our focus now is on bringing this approach to philanthropy and government organizations throughout the country by encouraging the adoption of direct investment through our UpTogether platform.
This is a new position. Under the direction of an Associate Partnership Director in the Partnerships and Revenue department, the Partnership Manager, Cincinnati will be responsible for partnership supporting and building and relationship management of philanthropic funding and government institutions in Cincinnati.
The overall goal of the Partnership Manager is to research and identify partner prospects in all categories (foundations, high net worth individuals (HNWI), and government) and work with an Associate Director of Partnerships to cultivate, secure, and steward direct funding commitments to FII’s UpTogether Fund for the benefit of each funding partner’s self-identified constituency (individuals and families living with low incomes in specific cities, towns, zip codes, etc.).
- With Associate Partnerships Director, develop and implement a partnership and revenue strategy in Cincinnati
- Research, evaluate and identify philanthropic/government/high net worth individual (HNWI) fund partner prospects
- Establish relationships with prospective funding partners (philanthropic and government)
- Strengthen relationships with existing funding partners (philanthropic and government)
- For all of the above:
- Engage partners and decision makers in discussion around FII strategy generally and direct UpTogether Funding opportunity specifically, including fee structure for participation.
- Once buy-in has been achieved, work to determine initial parameters of direct funding approach for specific funder intentions (direct investment amount per distribution, cadence of investment opportunity per member, # total investments per investment opportunity window, geographic area, etc.)
- Finalize contract.
- Complete Funding Partner set-up on UpTogether platform.
- Provide recruitment assistance to enroll members on UpTogether platform as needed.
- Prepare and distribute recruitment materials for prospective members as needed
- Once direct fund has been launched, provide standard and ad-hoc reports relative to funding (# draws, funding balance, etc.) and member outcomes (establishment of goals, progress toward goals, social capital interactions, etc.) as agreed upon in contract.
- Serve as first point-of-contact in all matters, drawing upon organizational resources to satisfy requests as appropriate.
- Schedule periodic check-ins to evaluate if direct UpTogether Funding is working as expected and initial parameters are yielding desired results – tweak as necessary.
- Speak for Funding Partner segment internally and recommend improvements/enhancements based on partner feedback and experience
- Identify opportunities where synergistic collaborations across partners surface
- Maintain records of partner transactions using Salesforce
- Speak on behalf of FII locally at community events
- Responsible for the oversight and management of local advisory council
- Will require local travel throughout region as well as occasional out of state travel
- Identify site-specific grant opportunities and write and/or edit grant proposals, LOIs, and interim reports replete with member stories, metrics, outcomes, and accompanying analyses as needed.
- Assist Regional Directors and Director of Philanthropy and Revenue Operations in the preparation of both site-specific and national grant proposals as needed.
- Uber responsiveness
- Attention to detail
- Passion for providing excellent customer service
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to pivot quickly as needed
- Experience with network and relationship mapping
- Strong research skills and experience working with data (numbers) and basic analytics
- Account/Partner Management experience
- Ability to work independently and self-manage.
- Ability to work remotely as a member of a team in various locations
- Project management skills (aka strong organizational skills)
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with Google applications
- Strong communication skills
- Strong listening skills
- 4-year college degree
- Experience with CRM a plus
- Experience working with philanthropy and government a plus
Additionally, applicants should
- Hold a deep belief in the capacity of those living with low-incomes – that they know what is best for themselves, their families, and the achievement of their goals and can and will take the lead
- Have instinctive trust in the innate capabilities of low-income families and communities
- Be excited and energized by a dynamic environment
- Be keenly interested in learning from others and sharing same
- Have a functional work environment and solid internet connection
FII is committed to an inclusive work environment and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search that represent the communities we work with.
This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision, 401(k), and vacation. Salary range is $70,000-$90,000.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter via email, with subject line “Partnership Manager, Cincinnati” to Michelle Chao-Nguyen at email@example.com. Your cover letter should outline how your work history and personal contribution would make a difference for FII.
*Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.