Children’s Law Center, Inc. is searching for a part-time Development Director to oversee its fundraising and development activities. Children’s Law Center, established in 1989, is a non-profit legal service center protecting the rights of children and youth to help them overcome barriers and transition into adulthood, better advocate for their needs, and successfully contribute to society.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Establish and implement an annual plan for fundraising and development activities in conjunction with the Executive Director and Development Committee of the Board of Directors, and other staff as appropriate.
- Coordinate a minimum of two special events each year.
- Engage the Center’s Board of Directors in fundraising through staffing of the Fundraising and Development Committee and solicitation of annual pledges.
- Assist with obtaining support for programs, capital projects and special events as necessary through corporate support, foundations and individual donors.
- Develop and maintain a system for planned giving opportunities.
- Maintain appropriate files and correspondence regarding grants, special events and other giving.
- Work with the Office Administrator to maintain a donor database to track contributions from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources.
- Assist with public relations efforts such as the newsletter, TV and print media and the website.
- Maintain a good working relationship with board, staff, donors, volunteers and community sources.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in development, including grant research/writing, annual funds, planned giving, donor engagement and cultivation, and event planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational and planning skills, including the ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Word, Excel, and other computer programs related to duties, as well as social media proficiency
Children’s Law Center, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please submit cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and writing sample for consideration to email@example.com.