|University Advancement is searching for a qualified candidate to join our Development team. The Associate Director of Development, Farmer School of Business will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of personal involvement and financial commitment of alumni and friends. Particular emphasis will be given to strategies seeking philanthropic and volunteer support for the Farmer School of Business.
The Associate Director of Development, Farmer School of Business will:
· Serve as one of several departmental liaisons for the Farmer School of Business at Miami University in addressing their philanthropic and alumni relations objectives;
· Actively participate in the Farmer School capital campaign;
· Solicit annual leadership and major gifts;
· Effect cultivation, solicitation and stewardship calls to alumni and friends independently and occasionally with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers;
· Encourage and coordinate involvement of alumni and friends through campus visits and regional events;
· Prepare and present departmental and divisional proposals to alumni and friends with the input and assistance of faculty, staff, administrators and deans including proposals involving tax planning; gifts of real estate; personal property; securities; and gifts in wills, trusts, annuities and insurance;
· Develop and implement service, cultivation and solicitation strategies for assigned prospects with the support of the Division of University Advancement staff, faculty and administrators;
· Perform other duties related to the mission of the Office of Development under the guidance of the Associate Vice President for Development and External Relations and the Senior Associate Vice President for the Division of University Advancement
· Bachelor’s degree is required
· Three to five years of fundraising experience and/or corporate sales experience, preferably in an educational setting
· Experience working in higher education
· Experience working with a donor database system
Submit a cover letter, resume and list of three references to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/495268/associate-director-of-development-farmer-school-of-business
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at:http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.