The Director of Development is responsible for raising money and directing fundraising activities for the benefit of the McMicken College of Arts and Sciences (A&S). Activities of the Director will be coordinated with other UCF fundraising activities.
- Cultivate and solicit a portfolio of major and special gifts prospects as well as work collaboratively with UCF staff in Annual Giving, Corporation and Foundation Relations and Gift Planning.
- Responsible for directing the fundraising activities within assigned programs and academic units to be determined in coordination with the Senior Director of Development.
- Make cultivation and solicitation visits to A&S friends and alumni within and outside the Cincinnati region in conjunction with UCF regional team members, CFR and Office of Gift Planning personnel.
- Support donor stewardship activities in collaboration with UCF Office of Donor Relations and Stewardship, Development Coordinator and Senior Director of Development.
- Recruit and involve volunteers for college fundraising activities.
- Work with the Dean and other key A&S faculty and personnel on fundraising initiatives and activities.
- Prepare timely contact reports and ensure the accuracy of monthly reports.
- Participate fully in UCF prospect and clearance process.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of experience, or advanced degree with 3-5 years of experience.
- Record of successful gift solicitation and closure.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact favorably with a diverse group of individuals and to foster strong, productive relationships.
- Willingness to travel and attend evening and weekend activities as needed. Valid driver’s license required for travel.
- A commitment to and passion for the role of development in advancing the mission of the University of Cincinnati.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=f872905d-03e0-43e2-af9b-a688c9798169&jobId=209180&lang=en_US&source=CC2&ccId=19000101_000001