CCAC seeks a collaborative, energetic, highly motivated and proven leader to create and guide resource development efforts for the burgeoning community arts center at a time of great excitement and institutional growth. Working closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Programs Manager, the Marketing and Development Manager is a central CCAC position responsible for planning, producing and managing vibrant and effective communications, delivering impactful messaging to the public, prospective and current donors, and patrons. This position works closely with the Executive Director to secure and manage corporate sponsorships and individual fund drives. Position also manages gift processing and maintains the donor database.
The Marketing and Development Manager is a critical member of CCAC’s small but mighty team, aimed at providing exceptional educational programs, performances, exhibitions and creative placemaking activities, which are focused on celebrating community, creativity and diversity. This person is a relationship champion that helps to cultivate and steward current and prospective donors and patrons, while representing this strong community organization with a broad and diverse coalition of partners, volunteers and audience members.
- Create a dynamic annual communications plan that impactfully tells the story of CCAC’s programs and audience members and encourages support.
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with the news media, and craft and distribute press releases and community notices.
- Prepare informative and engaging messaging using various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube). Using analytics, develop a social media strategy to enhance reach and engagement.
- Work collaboratively with volunteer team of Graphic Designer, Copywriter, and Website Manager to design and produce various materials, including videos, brochures, banners and flyers.
- Design and order various promotional materials (e.g. promotional items, signage, brochures, and banners) as needed, maintaining organizational branding.
- Update website content and keep domains up to date.
- Manage annual marketing and advertising budget at the direction of Executive Director and Finance Committee.
- Develop all advertising content, images and messaging, print or digital to maximize our exposure. Coordinate Search Engine Optimization, paid search, and display advertising.
- Identify, secure and nurture sponsor relationships.
- Analyze marketing and donor data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing and fundraising strategies.
- Develops a Major Gift Plan building on the donor base from capital campaign (scheduled to be completed by 2022) and annual donors.
- Creates new materials, e.g. letters, email blasts, inserts, for individual donor solicitation.
- Creates and updates sponsorship packets for corporate solicitation.
- Maintains schedule of annual appeals and coordinates mailings.
- Identifies new corporate sponsors and increases sponsorship revenue for CCAC.
- Stewards relationships with sponsors throughout the year.
- Administers benefits for all sponsors, working closely with program staff.
- Tracks interactions with sponsors and funders and maintains integrity of records, including filing key documents, keeping detailed notes, and maintaining a calendar of deadlines.
- Researches federal, foundation, and corporate funders to identify potential new funders for CCAC.
- Supports the Executive Director in preparing grant proposals by conducting literature reviews, creating or collecting information for appendices, and reviewing and editing proposals.
- Writes and submits proposals and grant reports, as needed, with guidance from the Executive Director.
- Creates Moves Management system using Constant Contact and eTapestry databases to identify and move donors to higher levels of giving and participation.
Gift Processing and Database Management
- Process incoming gifts, recording all donor information in eTapestry.
- Prepare and distribute monthly donation reports, and reconcile Development donation records with Finance records to ensure accurate recording of all gifts.
- Generate gift acknowledgement letters in a timely, thoughtful, and efficient manner, and maintain records of acknowledgement.
- Update and maintain database of donors, prospects and volunteers (eTapestry) and email recipients (Constant Contact), pulling reports on various groups as needed/requested.
Minimum Requirements: Education
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Arts Administration, Marketing, Communications or related degree required.
- Three or more years (preferred) of related/relevant marketing, development and fundraising experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Discretion and good judgment when dealing with confidential and sensitive material.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and initiative when working with others.
- Maintenance of standards of professional competence and adherence to a professional code of conduct.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to details, deadlines and strategic initiatives.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priority projects with ease and efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and technical understanding of database management and reporting; experience with fundraising and communication databases, preferably eTapestry or Constant Contact.
- Attention to detail. The right candidate must be exceptionally thorough and detail-orientated with the ability to analyze data, research information, problem-solve and coordinate projects.
- Experience with various development and communication techniques is preferred.
- Clear understanding and commitment to Clifton Cultural Arts Center’s mission and goals.
This position is full-time with some benefits. Occasional weekend and evening hours will be required. The list of outcomes above is not exhaustive and is subject to change.
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000
To apply, please send a thoughtful cover letter (outlining your interest in and qualifications for the position) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic submissions (as PDF files) are required with the following file name: last name_first name_resume.pdf; no phone calls, please.
Application deadline: Open until filled