Aspiring to maximize the power of giving, Ignite Philanthropy is a consulting firm that works with private donors and non-profit organizations to leverage their resources and ideas to achieve greater impact in the communities they serve. Ignite Philanthropy is a unique firm that serves all aspects of the philanthropic and non-profit sector-from individuals, companies and foundations seeking to manage and improve their philanthropic giving to non-profits looking for an experienced fundraising or strategy partner to raise capital to accomplish their mission.
Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division manages multi-million-dollar fundraising campaigns and provides strategic fundraising consulting services for non-profit clients. Our Non-Profit Services team combines deep knowledge of the local donor landscape with decades of Non-Profit fundraising and management experience and a track record of completing major capital campaigns for organizations both in Cincinnati and throughout the country. Our team has raised nearly $90 Million in private dollars for local non-profit capital projects and initiatives, such as the Music Hall revitalization effort, BLINK, The Center for Addiction Treatment, the Greater Cincinnati Redevelopment Authority and others.
The Manager supporting Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division will be primarily responsible for managing the workflow and project execution for Ignite Philanthropy’s fundraising projects. The Manager will likely manage between four and ten client projects at any given time. In partnership with the Vice President, Non-Profit Services, the Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day workflow of Ignite Philanthropy’s fundraising campaign and fundraising strategy projects. This is a client/donor facing position (60%), as well as an internal position (40%).
- In partnership with Non-Profit Services team, develop engagement/project goals and create a path to successful completion of each assigned client project
- Work with Non-Profit Services team on assigned client projects to deliver on project goals
- Execute fundraising activities such as conducting donor data analysis, performing prospect research, developing prospect pipelines, creating messaging platforms and campaign collateral, managing campaign meetings and leadership volunteers, drafting grant proposals, and other fundraising tasks
- Provide project management for assigned client projects, including the workflow management and execution of all phases of fundraising projects, which will entail: planning and strategy development, research and analysis, prospect identification, campaign/solicitations management, and donor stewardship
- Provide day-to-day management and execution of project tasks, including:
- Meeting preparation and follow-up, strategy execution, and client and donor communications
- Production of client deliverables, including: meeting materials, presentation decks, reports, brochures, donor acknowledgement materials, proposals, mailings and others as needed
- Donor research and prospecting as needed to accomplish fundraising goals
- Serve as the point of contact for assigned Non-Profit Services projects by establishing a professional rapport with clients and by providing consistent and clear client communications
- Establish systems and processees for keeping senior leadership and clients abreast of project development and status
Skills and Attributes
Ignite Philanthropy seeks an individual who is inspired by the impact of the non-profit sector and is driven to deliver highly professional work. The Manager will be working with a high-performance team in a fast-paced environment, and will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to proactively self-manage projects with minimal direction from Vice President or CEO.
- Ability to understand and anticipate next steps in complex processes.
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment to achieve objectives and to effectively anticipate client and donor needs and desires.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to deliver work of the highest quality.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to balance demands of multiple client projects at the same time, while still reaching internal and external deadlines and goals.
- A bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of work experience in a non-profit fundraising/development department or business environment, or a master’s degree and 3+ years’ experience in a non-profit fundraising/development department or business environment.
- Candidates will likely have mid-level experience working in the development department of a non-profit organization or have served in a development capacity on a non-profit’s Board of Directors.
- Knowledge of and experience in the non-profit sector, with an emphasis on experience in development or institutional advancement.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits package including parking stipend, paid vacation, health insurance and retirement contribution match after 1 year of employment
Ignite Philanthropy is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Ignite Philanthropy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, military status, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other protected status.
Submit Cover Letter, Resume and Salary Requirements to Bethany Monahan, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on February 26, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.