ABOUT IGNITE PHILANTHROPY
Our Mission: To connect people, ideas and capital to fuel community solutions.
Aspiring to maximize the power of giving, Ignite Philanthropy works with private donors and non-profit organizations to leverage their resources and ideas to achieve greater impact in the communities they serve. Ignite Philanthropy serves the entire philanthropic and non-profit sector—from individuals, companies and foundations seeking to manage and enhance their charitable giving to non-profits looking for an experienced partner to help raise capital to accomplish their mission.
Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division provides strategic fundraising services and manages multi-million-dollar fundraising campaigns for non-profit clients. Our Non-Profit Services team combines deep knowledge of the local donor landscape with decades of non-profit fundraising and management experience and a track record of completing major capital campaigns for organizations both in Cincinnati and throughout the country. Our team has raised more than $200 Million in private dollars for non-profit capital projects and initiatives.
The Manager is a pivotal role supporting Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division and is responsible for managing fundraising campaigns, strategy and campaign planning engagements for a portfolio of leading non-profits primarily located in the Cincinnati region. The Manager reports to the Vice President, Non-Profit Services.
The Manager position is a unique opportunity to deepen your awareness and knowledge of the non-profit and philanthropic sectors while helping to make signature community projects happen. The Manager will work with non-profits of varying sizes and across a diverse range of sectors, and with some of our community’s top donors and leaders.
The Manager will have significant experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously to successfully meet project goals. The ideal candidate will possess a desire to provide the highest quality service, strategic counsel and results to help clients make a positive impact in their community.
Specific areas of oversight and responsibilities include:
- Manages a portfolio of fundraising strategy, campaign planning and campaign management projects, working with members of the Non-Profit Services team to ensure all project deliverables are performed at a superior quality, on-time and exceed the expectations of the client
- Lead communication with clients serving as point-of-contact to keep clients abreast of project status and next steps
- Collaborates with Vice Presidents and CEO to develop campaign plans and strategies, providing input on recommendations for clients
- Facilitates client meetings and manages preparation for client and donor meetings
- Conducts research and analysis to guide projects; evaluate clients’ donor and revenue trends; conduct prospect research; analyze comparative organizations
- Supports the development of project timelines and manages day-to-day project workflow
- Manages active fundraising campaigns including developing prospect pipelines, scheduling donor meetings, managing campaign meetings and leadership volunteers, and other fundraising tasks
- Work with team to develop campaign messaging strategies, draft donor communications, and author grant proposals
- Collaborates with Non-Profit Services team to develop and adapt processes and procedures for the Non-Profit Services Division
- Performs any other necessary project work and duties to meet the needs of the client
- Participates in and actively exemplify a culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Contributes to ongoing development of infrastructure, processes and procedures for the organization
- Participates in interdepartmental collaboration between the Non-Profit Services and Philanthropic Services divisions
- A minimum of 5-7+ years of non-profit fundraising experience or proven related project management and business development experience, with progressive increase in responsibilities throughout career tenure
- Ability to proactively manage multiple projects at the same time, with minimal direction, and successfully meet project goals and deadlines
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Desire to work in a team environment to achieve objectives and effectively anticipate client and donor expectations
- Ability to earn trust, confidence and respect amongst internal team, clients, and external stakeholders
- Strong critical thinking, quantitative analysis and research skills
- Strong presentation skills and display of professionalism
- Keen attention to detail and commitment to deliver work of the highest quality
- Non-profit grant and proposal writing experience preferred
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office
SALARY & BENEFITS
Ignite Philanthropy offers a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply. Ignite Philanthropy is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis up until November 18, 2019 at 5:00p. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications early. To apply please complete application online at ignitephilanthropy.bamboohr.com/jobs/.