The mission of Cincinnati Youth Collaborative is to empower youth to overcome obstacles and succeed in education, career and life. This unique full time leadership opportunity combines the best of all worlds in the non-profit arena by combining grant writing and fund development.
Reports to: Chief Development and Marketing Officer
Background/Position Summary: The Manager, Grant Writing and Fund Development is a critical role in a fast-changing organization. Under the leadership of the Chief Development and Marketing Officer, the Manager, Grant Writing and Fund Development works closely with all program and development staff and executive leaders to oversee fund development including oversight of grant writing, marketing, fund development, special events and donor cultivation and research which contribute to the success of fundraising at Cincinnati Youth Collaborative.
Essential Job Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with the Chief Development and Marketing Officer to develop strategy for a comprehensive and effective fundraising plan to support the organization’s annual budget and in consideration of future capacity needs and growth of operating reserves.
- Oversee and act as Cincinnati Youth Collaborative’s primary expert for its grant making process including grant writing, grant administration policies, systems and submission, reporting and proper documentation to ensure compliance, incorporate best practices, and ensure excellent donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Research, collate and vet funding opportunities from Federal, State, Local and private philanthropic sources and make considered recommendations for “best fit” opportunities.
- Work with Cincinnati Youth Collaborative program, finance, IT and other administrative staff to ensure an accurate, timely, efficient, and compliant process for the entire grant life cycle from proposal to evaluation.
- Track all fund development efforts including those of grants, individual donors and corporate/business. Develop internal reporting systems including an ongoing CYC Fund development calendar, write proposals and reports, and maintain excellent grant records.
- Monitor and manage fund development income goals, reporting periodically as required and upon request.
- Measure and evaluate all programs falling under the realm of fund development recommending change as determined for increased effectiveness.
- Work with the development, program staffs and others as needed to best articulate services to stakeholders and to help improve the organization’s fundraising strategies.
- Support the planning and effective implementation of major CYC fund raising special events/activities.
- Dream Makers
- Trivia Night
- Golf Outing
- Outstanding Student
- Set budgets for each event focusing on increasing revenues and decreasing expenses.
- Work with development team to generate sponsorships, donations, and pledges for events.
- Responsible for the overall implementation of the assigned events and day-to-day management of each event committee.
- Provides post-event reporting and analysis.
- BA/BS Degree essential (Master’s Degree preferred).
- 5+ year’s of development, marketing and grant writing experience.
- Event planning experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong understanding of the role that fund development, grant writing and marketing play in driving sales and revenues.
- Knowledge, experience, and application of best practices in fund development including grant administration and writing.
- Analytical capabilities with accounting procedures and processes for structuring projects.
- Understanding of current IRS regulations related to foundations as well as substantial knowledge regarding legal and compliance requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of grants management software and information technology skills and CRM systems, preferably E-Tapestry.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong project and time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Demonstrated capacity to frame complex situations and present options.
- Proven success in working with diverse populations in a variety of settings.
- Ability to provide guidance to people with a wide range of cultural backgrounds, training and experience.
- Enjoy working independently and as part of a team.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is:
- Able to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel or balance with body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move around the environment.
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in performance of tasks.
- Able to speak and hear.
- Able to lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Able to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Able to compare, decide, problem solve, analyze, instruct and interpret.
Interested candidates please apply online by CLICKING HERE