As a member of the Development/Communications team, the Manager, Community Campaign & Engagement seeks ways to deepen and expand involvement and support among the region’s businesses and individual supporters. Central to this position is helping to maintain and grow a solid base of employee, individual and corporate donors. Primary opportunities for achieving growth targets in this position come from developing new business; leveraging signature engagement opportunities; improving donor acquisition and retention through events and the deployment of strategic growth plans in established and target companies. This position reports to the Vice President, Community Campaign.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of 100 + accounts in the following industries: Major Accounts, Nonprofits, Construction, Real Estate, and individual giving. The manager will successfully build and maintain year-round relationships with key contacts and provide support, ideas, and connections during the community campaign.
- Work with assigned cabinet members and volunteers to manage these divisions of the campaign.
- Develop and implement focused, customized business plans that successfully increase dollars raised and participation from assigned corporate partners each year, leveraging all tools and resources to plan and execute multiple events according to corporate needs for employee engagement, retention, and philanthropic/community objectives.
- Motivate, engage, inform, and support volunteers at all levels so their experience working with ArtsWave is the best out of all possible volunteer experiences in this community, so they can reasonably deliver on ArtsWave expectations.
- Track, monitor, and report campaign progress using CRM system and custom reports. Help maintain the accuracy and usefulness of the database by consistently documenting key touchpoints with donors and accurately entering and tracking prospects.
- Participate in cabinet meetings, volunteer training sessions, and donor events as assigned.
- Play an active role in donor stewardship to promote and sustain the relationships on which philanthropic gifts are based.
- Other duties as assigned, including occasional help on weekends or evenings at ArtsWave-sponsored events.
- Demonstrated ability to both listen and interact persuasively and personably with employees at all levels of organizations.
- Event planning acumen and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success in building, connecting, cultivating, and stewarding new relationships with donors, volunteers, and other stakeholders leading to measurable results.
- Ability to set goals and develop strategies for achieving them.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and make connections.
- Intellectual curiosity, analytical skills, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize against stated objectives, and work independently.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively and cooperatively with peers, across departments, and with other organizations and entities.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success in managing those relationships in a warm and professional manner.
- Track record of sound judgment and decision-making.
- Openness to new ideas, coaching, and continual process improvement.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ArtsWave.
- Three or more years of experience as a fundraising, development, or business development professional; federated campaign, community relations, arts administration, or other relevant experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, nonprofit administration, or equivalent is preferred.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and public relations skills; the ability to make compelling public presentations.
- Professional demeanor, appearance, and manner.
- Excellent computer skills, especially all MS Office programs including PowerPoint; experience with donor or customer relationship management databases.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary range: $50,000 – $60,000, commensurate with experience.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance available.
- 401(k) retirement plan which makes safe harbor matching contributions equal to 116.66% of an employee’s elective deferrals that do not exceed 6% of the employee’s compensation.
- Hybrid work environment.
- Paid parking.
- 10 pre-determined paid holidays per calendar year.
- PTO accrual based on years of service.
With the help of tens of thousands of donors, ArtsWave supports more than 100 arts and community organizations that make our region an amazing place to live. We believe that the arts— music, dance, theatre, museums, festivals, and more —create a vibrant regional economy and a more connected community. ArtsWave is an equal-opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
Send your resume and cover letter in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the words “Community Campaign Manager” in the Subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No calls, please.