The Glenmary Home Missioners seeks a proven development professional to secure and raise funds through the procurement of major gifts and the management of planned gift programs such as annuities, charitable trusts, bequests and grants.
College degree preferred. Five years of experience of practical experience in development with a working knowledge of planning giving instruments. Familiarity with fundraising software and windows applications.
The successful candidate must be able to develop an annual plan for identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gifts and planned gifts. Must be able to maintain and foster relationships with donors to determine the best way to secure their giving capacity. Coordinate fundraising efforts and the annual Father Bishop Legacy Society event.
Regular frequent travel required outside of normal work location to meet with Glenmary supporters throughout the country.
Glenmary Home Missioners, founded in 1939, is a Catholic society of priests and brothers who, along with coworkers, are dedicated to establishing a Catholic presence in rural areas and small towns of the United States where the Catholic Church is not yet effectively present.
Inspired by the vision of society founder Father William Howard Bishop, Glenmary missioners and lay coworkers strive to:
Serve the spiritual and material needs of those living in some of the most impoverished counties in the South and Appalachia; proclaim and witness to the Good News of Jesus Christ and the power of God’s love, mercy and justice.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assists in the planning, coordinating and implementation of Glenmary’s developmental activities.
- Develops an annual budget for Major Gifts and Planned Giving.
- Working with the appropriate resources, directs research that identifies major gift and planned gift prospects, their financial capabilities, special interests and past giving history to Glenmary and other charitable interests, including annuities, charitable trusts, bequests, etc.
- Participates in a variety of top-level fund-raising activities.
- With the Director, develops a predetermined number of donors and prospects to visit annually.
- Cultivates and visits potential major donors and prospects to learn about their philanthropic goals and connect each person to Glenmary in a meaningful way that will result in sustainable income.
- Creates an environment that will assist the efforts of the Executive Council, the Director, selected Glenmary members and other staff or volunteers to solicit annual gifts and pursue planned giving options with major donors and prospects.
- Develops and maintains donor files.
- Carries out activities that recognize and involve major donors. Including the coordination of the Annual Father Bishop Legacy Society event.
- Involved in the direction and evaluation of Planned Giving.
- Works with the Director, development staff and the Communication department in planning the design and updates of the departmental materials used in presentations to donors.
- Works with the Finance Office to coordinate and implement multiple state reporting requirements for annuities, planned giving and major gifts.
- Supervises, trains and coordinates the work pertaining to Planned Giving.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Interested candidates please apply via email@example.com.