The Glenmary Home Missioners are looking for an enthusiastic fundraising professional to join our development team. The successful candidate will secure and raise funds through major gifts and planned gift programs.
- Assists in the planning, coordinating and implementation of Glenmary’s developmental activities.
- Develops an annual budget for Major Gifts and Planned Giving.
- Working with the appropriate resources, directs research that identifies major gift and planned gift prospects, their financial capabilities, special interests and past giving history to Glenmary and other charitable interests, including annuities, charitable trusts, bequests, etc.
- Participates in a variety of top-level fund-raising activities.
- Cultivates and visits potential major donors and prospects to learn about their philanthropic goals and connect each person to Glenmary in a meaningful way that will result in sustainable income.
- Creates an environment that will assist the efforts of the Executive Council, the Director, selected Glenmary members and other staff or volunteers to solicit annual gifts and pursue planned giving options with major donors and prospects.
- Carries out activities that recognize and involve major donors.
- Along with the Director involved in the direction and evaluation of Planned Giving.
- Works with the Director, development staff and the Communication department in planning the design and updates of the departmental materials used in presentations to donors.
- Supervises, trains and coordinates the work pertaining to Planned Giving.
- College degree preferred.
- Five years of practical experience in development with familiarity of planned giving instruments.
- Familiarity with fundraising software and windows applications.
Position will be based in Glenmary’s Headquarters with regular frequent travel required outside of normal work location to meet with Glenmary supporters throughout the country.
Salary Range: $60,000 to 75,000 Annually
Submit your resume and cover letter to Michael Schneider, Glenmary Home Missioners, P.O. Box 465618, Cincinnati, Ohio 45246 or apply via email at email@example.com .
No phone calls please.