Are you a driven individual looking to make an impact on the world through your career? Do you love being part of a hardworking and collaborative team, bringing your unique talents to accomplish incredible results? Do others remark on how personable you are and your knack for making friends and forming relationships whether you’re meeting with a donor or standing in line at the grocery store? If you’re reading this, nodding and saying “That’s me!” we’d love to talk with you!
Cooperative for Education (CoEd) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Guatemala through education. CoEd accomplishes this mission by helping kids learn to read, graduate, and thrive throughout their lives. By providing sustainable education tools (like books and computers), teacher training, and scholarships, CoEd strives to address the root causes of poverty in Guatemala, rather than merely treating its symptoms.
We are looking for a Major Gifts Officer who is service-focused and a go-getter to join our team in the Cincinnati office. This position is responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift donors as well as identifying new prospects. As a part of this all-star team, you could be:
- Identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and closing major and planned gift prospects.
- Managing a pipeline of ~100 current mid-level and major donors while seeking to qualify new donors.
- Collaborating with the marketing team on new campaign ideas, conducting new marketing experiments, analyzing trends, and coordinating campaign execution with team leads.
- Generating new leads and converting them into donors/tour participants through marketing campaigns using established tracking systems.
- Meeting both virtually and in-person with supporters in Cincinnati and across the US & Canada to develop and strengthen relationships, as well as to steward and report back on past giving.
- Engaging prospect groups to grow donor base, through mass emails, outreach events, and speaking engagements, including Rotary Clubs, schools, churches, etc.
- Connecting generous sponsors with incoming Spark Reading, Textbook, and Computer Program schools and Rise Youth Development Program communities.
- Supporting CoEd’s annual gala, Fall Fiesta, in increasing dollars raised through event sponsorships, table sales, and live auction bidders.
Skills/ Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Please include your major and GPA in resume.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in fundraising (especially in securing five- and six-figure gifts and talking to donors about planned giving). Proven track record of driving campaigns and achieving goals.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and motivate people to make gifts in support of an organization.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong project management skills.
- Desired Experience
- Database experience and/or tech savviness. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Spanish speaking ability.
- Paid travel to Guatemala, when travel restrictions are lifted.
- 20 days of paid time off with opportunity to apply for an additional week of paid time off to study/improve Spanish.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage.
- 401(k) including match.
- Flexible schedule & family-friendly work environment.
- Work alongside some of the smartest, most talented, and most fun-loving people you will ever meet.
- Continuous learning and improvement environment with a focus on both mentoring and professional development.
- Chance to make a life-changing impact on kids in Guatemala.
This is a full-time exempt position based in our Cincinnati, Ohio office and starting as soon as possible. Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we have a primary focus on keeping our team members safe, so work will temporarily be remote. Ongoing remote work options for this role may be available, depending on the candidate.
Compensation Range: $45,000 – $48,000 a year
How to Apply: Please apply using the form on our website at www.coeduc.org/careers/. Applications submitted prior to April 16th will receive priority consideration. No phone calls, please.
Diversity and Inclusion: For the past 25 years, Cooperative for Education has fought against poverty, racism, and injustice in Guatemala. We seek to provide educational opportunities to indigenous Guatemalans, who have historically suffered the highest levels of discrimination and exclusion. Consistent with these principles, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for members of marginalized communities, and encourage those of all identities to apply.
Cooperative for Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on-the-basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state laws.