The Major Gifts Officer develops and implements strategies to ensure proper identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects. Reports directly to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prepare proposals, reports and correspondence.
- Strong organizational, supervisory, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to utilize various software and databases connected to university fundraising operations.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure proper identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects capable of making gifts greater than $10,000.
- Advise the Vice President for Institutional Advancement on a regular basis regarding Major Gift program activities, effectiveness and results.
- Manage the involvement of the President, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, trustees, and committee members in donor cultivation.
- Oversee the acknowledgment and recognition for gifts at various levels and implement programs to ensure fundraising goals are achieved at each giving level.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 50 major gift prospects and document contacts and solicitation plans.
- Average 15 face to face meetings per month with current donors, potential new donors and community leaders.
- With the Director of Alumni Relations, plan and implement a series of group cultivation activities aimed at engaging alumni with the potential to give major gifts.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving & Advancement Services to build a strategic prospect management system.
- Prepare written and oral presentations and proposals as needed.
- Travel as necessary to cultivate and solicit major gifts.
- Generally support the University’s development program, including, but not limited to attendance at and help with fundraising, recognition, and alumni events.
- Assist staff as needed with additional development initiatives and undertake special projects and assignments as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Specialized and/or Technical Knowledge Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of five years demonstrated successful fundraising experience including personal gift solicitation is required. Transferable experience may be considered.
- Experience with committee and volunteer management as well as prospect research is required.
Send resume/CV, cover letter, and reference list to: Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources,email@example.com