Freestore Foodbank is currently seeking to hire a new Major Gifts Officer for the External Affairs Department with a focus on corporate gifts. This is a full-time position with competitive benefits and a robust health and wellness program. This opening is at our administrative offices at 1141 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Duties to include, but not limited to: Identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding a portfolio of 100 to 150 donors and prospects in support of the organization’s development goals and objectives.
- Benefits Offered Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
- Employment Type Full-Time
Relationship Management and Solicitation (60%):
- Identify, qualify, solicit, close and steward major gifts from corporations, foundations and individuals through visits and other forms of direct personal contact
- Execute moves management approach to the portfolio and a custom strategy for each donor; develop approaches to generate new and higher levels of giving
- Meet annual goals for personal visits, solicitation proposals developed and secured
- Enlist senior management, volunteers and board members in the cultivation and solicitation of major donors and prospects that integrates into the overall department goals and plans
- Promote and close complex sales such as campaign, endowment and sponsorship gifts
Cultivation and stewardship (30%):
- Coordinate cultivation, recognition and stewardship activities, as needed, with other staff members
- Develop customized communications for donors and supporters in order to deepen their understanding and support of Freestore Foodbank’s mission
Monitoring and Reporting (10%):
- Monitor and report relationship management activity using constituent relationship management system including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospective and current corporate, foundation and individual major donors 2 Assist in short and long range planning activities to create and implement fundraising goals and objectives
Agency Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with a minimum of 5-7 years of successful experience in major gift fundraising
- Major gift fundraising and portfolio management experience, with a proven success record in major gift cultivation and solicitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet fundraising goals
- Proficiency in writing solicitation letters, proposal and stewardship materials
- Strong writing, oral and presentation communication skills and demonstrated ability to persuade others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge or a similar donor management database software product
- Motivated self-starter, with excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- Must have valid Driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Applicants must provide at least two writing samples, preferably a major gift proposal and cultivation/stewardship piece for consideration.
Freestore Foodbank is one of Ohio’s largest food banks. We distribute 27 million meals annually through a network of 400 community partners serving 20 counties in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana. Our mission is to provide food and services, create stability, and further self-reliance for people in crisis.
Company website: HTTP://FREESTOREFOODBANK.ORG/