Job title: Major and Planned Gifts Officer
Organization: St. Xavier High School
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio 45224
Industry: Catholic Education
Major & Planned Gifts Officer
Reports to: Director of Major and Planned Gifts
Job Summary: The Major & Planned Gifts officer will assist the Board of Trustees, President, and Vice President of Advancement and Director of Major and Planned Gifts in attracting major philanthropic support to meet St. Xavier’s strategic goals.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Personally manage and build relationships with a portfolio of 150 or more highly rated prospects with the goal of a minimum of $1,000,000 per year in gifts to St. Xavier High School.
- Devise and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plan/timeline for all annual, major and deferred gift commitments from assigned prospects.
- Participate as a member of the Major Gifts Team, attending regular prospect review sessions and providing information to the moves manager in a timely fashion.
- Regularly promote efforts to broadly educate and inform St. Xavier constituents of the opportunities for annual, endowment and other giving through multiple possible giving methods or vehicles.
- Represent St. Xavier High School at a variety of events and functions throughout the course of the fiscal year.
- The Major & Planned Gifts Officer will possess a bachelor’s degree and three or more years of successful advancement experience. (Related experience in a profession with comparable personal contact will be considered.) S/he will have the ability to think strategically, to establish and cultivate strong relationships with prospective donors, and to meet established goals and objectives. S/he will have excellent written, oral, organizational and interpersonal skills and be committed to a team approach. Knowledge of computer-based data systems is essential.
- The Major & Planned Gifts Officer will have a budget and travel periodically to cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts within a defined geographic region. S/he will participate in professional development workshops, conferences and seminars to keep abreast of current major and planned giving strategies and vehicles.
- The Major & Planned Gifts Officer will report directly to the Director of Major and Planned Gifts.
Applicants must apply at www.stxavier.org/about/employment-opportunities