The Institutional Giving Manager manages a broad portfolio of donors, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, as well as proposal generation for all grant funders. Funders including both corporate and private foundations, government entities, and ArtsWave.
The Institutional Giving Manager is a public-facing position with a degree of interactivity with donors, the Board of Trustees and the public. The Institutional Giving Manager also interacts with all departments including: Administration, Artistic, Academy, Production, Dancers, Development, and Marketing.
Candidates must exhibits a strong capacity to work collaboratively through partnership building. Willingly collaborates and cooperates with others in the organization. Develops effective working relationships at all levels and values these relationships as critical to effective work. Must be able to express ideas clearly and compellingly both verbally and in writing.
The Institutional Giving Manager must be able to plan and prioritize work to meet deadlines and effectively support personnel. Punctuality is essential for fulfillment of programmatic responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of the development cycle for specified portfolio, from prospecting and pipeline development to cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement and stewardship.
- Writes grant proposals and impact reports to generate funding for Cincinnati Ballet, including ballet production, education programs, general operating support and special campaigns.
- Maintains primary accountability for the accuracy of the grants calendar and timely submission of all letters of intent, grants, updates and final reports.
- Project manages all grants, including organizing check-in meetings and calls, liaising with other funders and Cincinnati Ballet departments (artistic, finance, production, etc.) to collect needed information and documentation.
- Manages Cincinnati Ballet’s application and fulfillment of ArtsWave grantee requirements Including quarterly reporting, Community Campaign, recognition, and communications.
- Actively researches and identifies prospective new sources of foundation and government support.
- Represents Cincinnati Ballet at assigned foundation/government community activities to assist in identifying and cultivating potential new partners.
- Provides various written materials to support solicitation efforts of other development staff.
- Completes special projects and assists with department-wide special events throughout the season.
- Maintain detailed fundraising plans for each granting entity in Tessitura.
Key Professional Experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to proactively manage multiple tasks, prioritize work and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to organize and compile organizational and project evaluations in coordination with program managers.
- Ability to perform research and synthesize information according to funder priorities.
- Discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
- Microsoft suite of products.
- Tessitura a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Foundation Directory Online and other grants research tools.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience; or an equivalent of education or experience.
- Candidate will be subject to criminal background, motor vehicle and credit checks
Expected Work Hours and Travel
- Must be able to work a highly flexible schedule including weekends and some evenings depending on events and performance schedule. Hours change seasonally.
- Travel may occur occasionally within the greater Cincinnati area to attend conferences, events or donor meetings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates apply online: https://www.indeedjobs.com/cincinnati-ballet/jobs/4bce55a896915a3f52a0
Cincinnati Ballet provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.