This role requires a belief in the ProKids vision of a safe, permanent, and nurturing home for every child. If you want to advocate for abused and neglected children in a culture that mobilizes our community, ProKids is a place where you can make a difference.
Individual Giving Manager
Program: Community Development
Team Responsibility: Development and implementation of Benevon methods and fundraising plans and activities to reach budget objectives. Provides a variety of opportunities to learn about the children ProKids serves and the outcome of the services provided by ProKids. Informs the Community about various ways to become involved with ProKids. Monitors the entire experience of The Committed Community with a specialized focus on deepening and broadening their involvement through cultivation activities and events.
Position Summary: Develop and maintain donor relationships with a specialized focus on deepening and broadening their involvement in ProKids. Increase financial support to ProKids. Consistently and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to significant matters regarding community relations and donor cultivation that affect the ProKids core mission and operations to a substantial degree. Help manage the operations of ProKids with respect to community relations and donor cultivation. Perform other office and non-manual work directly related to community relations.
Experience: Proven development professional with exceptional fundraising results. Extremely detail-oriented with strong writing and oral communication skills required. Strong people skills and excellent interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of Benevon Fundraising model, Raiser’s Edge database, and child welfare issues preferred.
Supervised by: Community Director
Supervision Exercised: Delegation of responsibilities to volunteer(s) as necessary for the operation of ProKids.
1. Manage, develop, and maintain donor relationships, including but not limited to:
- Conduct cultivation activities for all high-level donors, Friends of Children Society members, major gift donors and Legacy Society members;
- Make frequent contact with donors and prospects to thank them, build relationships with them, and learn of their specific interests, following up on those interests to further engage them;
- Attend events where donors and prospects will be in attendance;
- Conduct donor research;
- Prepare and implement cultivation plans for assigned portfolio;
- Effect, analyze, interpret, recommend, and implement new and existing policies concerning donor cultivation and relationship building;
- Assist, consult, and advise on short-term goals and objectives, long-term planning for overall improvement of the Community Development Team;
- Involve the Executive Director, Board, and other staff members in the cultivation of donors and prospects as appropriate;
- Portfolio expectation of 100 current donors and 100 gift prospects.
2. Increase crucial financial support to ProKids:
- In association with the Board, Executive Director, and Development Team to substantially increase the number of sustaining donors each year;
- Make gift asks when appropriate;
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge of ProKids’ programs and practices, community need, and other research pertaining to ProKids’ work. Use and apply that knowledge and understanding in seeking of funding with little to no direct supervision.
3. Actively participate on and make recommendations as a member of the Cultivation Team:
- Participate in planning and managing the activities of the development department along with the Development Team and Executive Director;
- Attend relevant trainings and participate with the team to develop long term sustainability plans.
4. Manage all deposits and related entries into Raiser’s Edge database:
- Facilitate cross-communication between the Community and Business Operations teams;
Notify team members of relevant or unique donor activity through bi-weekly spreadsheets;
Ensure all soft credit information for Board members is recorded.
5. Manage donor database research and implementation to provide critical analysis on activities and investment and ensure the product continues to be used to its maximum potential.
6. Manage and present speaking engagements for United Way Work Place Campaign.
7. Responsible for the cultivation, maintenance, and management of Kappa Alpha Theta.
8. Provide critical input with the setting and evaluation of all agency goals and objectives with primary focus on the cultivation & fundraising impact of each goal or objective, including but not limited to:
- Providing input on the impact of each goal and objective on the agency’s strategic cultivation and development plan;
- Providing a comprehensive analysis of the impact of each goal;
- Assisting in the development of a plan to meet the financial need of each goal;
- Providing raw data;
- Communicating all financial needs and expenses;
- Making recommendations to add, revise, or eliminate goals or objectives.
9. Attend, network and cultivate donors at all development activities and events:
- Leverage experience, judgment, donor knowledge, and decision making to independently navigate multiple steps in the donor procurement and development process;
- Demonstrate the ability to influence high-level decision makers and generate results in donor and community relationship development.
10. Responsible for Point of Entry presentations as required.
11. Ensures the effective representation of ProKids to external organizations and individuals.
12. Communicates need for volunteers and provides assistance in designing and implementing volunteer training. Supervises, manages, supports, evaluates, and communicates on-going status of volunteers.
13. Performs duties in accordance with ProKids objectives and in compliance with relevant standards and agency commitments.
14. Attends all staff meetings and establishes good teamwork with co-workers.
15. Special projects, assignments, and other duties as necessary for the operation of ProKids.
HOW TO APPLY: