The Individual Giving and Database Manager is a key role which reports to the Vice President for Development and is responsible for developing and implementing donor-centric strategies to increase annual revenue from individuals and family foundations through major gifts, planned giving, the annual giving campaign and individual donor campaigns.
The IGDM is charged with meeting targets and contributing to the overall growth of private philanthropy and will carry a reasonably sized prospect pool.
The IGDM candidate will be an individual with experience in non-profit database management, as well as successful development experience in annual fund, major gifts, and individual donor campaigns.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates and executes individual donor campaigns with the assistance of the development team with agreed upon strategic goals of increasing new donor pool and incremental growth of existing donors.
- Leads the Annual Support Campaign with the Development Team and insures effective coordination between annual giving, special gifts and major gifts.
- Responsible for direct mail data pulls including annual giving, renewals and cultivations; provide monthly tracking and evaluation reports to development team regarding the status of individual pledges.
- Skilled in campaign and appeal creation aimed at individual donors.
- Responsible for maintaining efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management.
- Generates donor acknowledgement letters and gift receipts for cash and in-kind contributions to the organization.
- Ensures that all such correspondence is issued in a timely manner and includes appropriate tax information.
- Facilitates donor communications via mail, e-mail, and website by providing appropriate mailing distribution lists.
- Participates as a member of the development team contributing to the over-all planning and providing fundraising counsel.
Knowledge and Experience
- Donor data-base experience (preferred Donor Pro or Raiser’s Edge) entry on managed prospects, management and reporting of metrics/key indicators for individual donors.
- Experience working in or overseeing an annual giving program, preferably with a wide range of donors.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required; in addition, be extremely well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Computer proficient in MS office, Donor Pro or Raiser’s Edge (strongly preferred), web applications, and knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic communication in fundraising.
- Data-base experience for data retrieval, tracking, trending, and reporting of key indicators.
- Ability to proactively organize and prioritize work, resolve problems, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met; Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid relationship-building skills, able to interface with both internal and external constituents.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Other Skills / Abilities
- Understanding of and commitment to agency mission.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and able to drive to various locations.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Close and distant vision is required.
Interested candidates please contact HR@pwchomerepairs.org