Cincinnati Youth Collaborative is a dynamic nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower vulnerable children and young adults to overcome obstacles and succeed in education, career and life. Our efforts include mentoring, career preparation and college readiness and success.
Position Title: Grants Manager
Reports to: Chief Development, Marketing & Strategy Officer
Background/Position Summary: The Grants Manager is a critical role in a fast-changing organization. Under the leadership of the Chief Development, Marketing and Strategy Officer, the Grants Manager works closely with all program and development staff and executive leaders to oversee grants management and prospective donor research which contribute to the success of fundraising at Cincinnati Youth Collaborative.
Essential Job Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and act as Cincinnati Youth Collaborative’s primary expert for its grant making process including grant administration policies, systems, grant writing and submission, and proper documentation to ensure compliance, incorporate best practices, and ensure excellent donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Research, collate and vet funding opportunities from Federal, State, Local and private philanthropic sources and make considered recommendations for “best fit” opportunities.
- Work with Cincinnati Youth Collaborative program, finance, IT and other administrative staff to ensure an accurate, timely, efficient, and compliant process for the entire grant life cycle from proposal to evaluation.
- Track grants, develop internal reporting systems, write proposals and reports, and maintain excellent grant records.
- Monitor and manage grants income goal, reporting periodically and on request.
- Produce organizational donor profiles for individuals, corporations and foundations which include a prospect’s financial capacity, ability to give, willingness to give, charitable interests, and connection to Cincinnati Youth Collaborative.
- Works with the development staff and others as needed to improve the organization’s fundraising strategies.
- Provide general support of development staff and work on special projects as needed.
- BA/BS degree essential (Masters degree preferred).
- 3 years full time, 5 years part time grant writing experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge, experience, and application of best practices in grant administration and writing.
- Analytical capabilities with accounting procedures and processes for structuring projects.
- Understanding of current IRS regulations related to foundations as well as substantial knowledge regarding legal and compliance requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of grants management software and information technology skills and CRM systems, preferably E-Tapestry.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated capacity to frame complex situations and present options.
- Ability to provide guidance to people with a wide range of cultural backgrounds, training and experience.
- Enjoy working independently and as part of a team.
To Apply: Qualified interested candidates may apply in confidence by submitting cover letter, resume, and salary range, as well as completion of the online application (http://www.cycyouth.org/employment-opportunities/) to:
Billie Sue Toepfer
CYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.