The Grants Coordinator supports the cultivation of charitable support from philanthropic business, corporate, government agencies and foundation donors primarily through the research, staff collaboration, data analysis, writing, and submission of grant proposals and reports as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research and identify prospective corporate, government and foundation donors for grant solicitation.
- Write accurate, comprehensive, and compelling grant proposals and letters of inquiry that conform to all requirements set forth by various funding guidelines, including: re-creating editable forms, assembling financial documents, creating program budgets, etc.
- Manage the preparation, submission, and tracking of assigned grant proposals, observing strategies and procedures for tracking grant research, solicitation, and progress in Excel, Raisers Edge database, or other software that is implemented for that purpose.
- Collaborate with Director of Mission Advancement, Chief Operating Officer and program directors to assist in the preparation of
- Grantor outcome reports with accurate statistical and demographic program data as required.
- Regularly updated tracking reports of prospective grant proposals, rated by priority, based on higher asks and greatest likelihood of funding.
- Collaborate with Director of Mission Advancement to guide strategy of cultivating relationships with prospective organizations, when appropriate.
- Maintain hardcopy and computer records of all grants submitted, awarded and researched.
- Track deadlines to ensure grant applications, renewals, letters of inquiry and reports are submitted on time.
- Produce documents and correspondence necessary for effective grants management.
- Maintain a standing, weekly in-office meeting (1-2 hours) with Director of Mission Advancement for planning, reporting and strategy.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field is required
- 2-3 years of verifiable and successful grant writing experience
- Knowledge of or experience in non-profit human services
- Project management experience and careful attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular Excel
- Constituent (CRM) database experience preferred
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
Work Hours: 28/week
Salary: From $25 p/hour, commensurate to experience
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.