Company Description: Founded in 1986 and located in historic Over-the-Rhine, Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati (ETC) is the region’s second largest professional Equity theatre and is committed to producing a wide range of dramas, musicals, and comedies of the highest artistic caliber, as well as to providing education and outreach programs that focus on providing arts opportunities to economically disadvantaged children and audiences.
Mission: Ensemble Theatre Cincinnati is a professional theatre dedicated to producing world and regional premieres of works that often explore compelling social issues. We fulfill our mission through our stage productions and educational outreach programs that enlighten, enliven, enrich, and inspire our audiences.
Position Summary: The Grants and Annual Fund Manager is a full-time position that administers a comprehensive grants development program and implements annual fundraising campaigns. This position provides administrative support for the Director of Development and Producing Artistic Director as they cultivate major donors, secure sponsorships, and plan special events.
- Oversee and maintain all donor contact and gift information in ETC’s customer relationship management program
- Maintain a monthly income report to track unearned income
- Work with the Development Director and Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and analyze annual patron surveys for internal and granting purposes
- Attend monthly Development Committee meetings
- Develop and maintain a grant application calendar for all grant requests
- Research, write, and review grant proposals in a timely manner
- Work with the Development Director to assemble ArtsWave proposals, interim reports, and monthly reports
- Develop, in conjunction with the Managing Director, grant administration policies and procedures in accordance with state, local, and federal regulations
- Perform various general grant administrative functions, such as billings, budget amendments, plan changes, program evaluations, and updating the DataArts Profile
- Produce comprehensive final reports to external funding agency requirements
- Develop and maintain an annual appeal calendar
- Plan, prepare, and oversee the preparation and publishing of all solicitation materials, including annual campaign letters, annual fund videos, show program solicitations, and newsletters
- Oversee timely donor acknowledgments, including thank you letters and phone calls
- Maintain and update support materials, cases for support, and other solicitation materials
- Assist in the coordination of meetings with sponsors and major donors
- Communicate with sponsors regarding benefits, deadlines, and securing signed pledge forms
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in English, communications, arts administration, theatre, or a related field is preferred. Candidates must have at least two years of experience in development, as well as excellent writing skills and strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel. This position requires outstanding organization and communication skills, including being comfortable dealing with the public and interacting with donors. Other required skills include attention to detail and accuracy, a cooperative attitude, willingness to learn and assist others, the ability to use computer and telephone applications, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage time in order to meet important deadlines, and the ability to work autonomously and solve problems with minimal supervision. Knowledge of the local arts community and a passion for the arts is preferred. The ideal candidate will also have his or her own transportation.
This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive benefits. Additional hours on evenings and weekends will be required.
To apply: submit résumé, references, and 2 one-page writing samples to Rick Diehl, Managing Director, at email@example.com, or 1127 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202. Application deadline: April 20, 2018.
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/D/V/SO.