Reports to: Planned Giving and Grants Manager
Hours: 25 hours/week
Location: SVDP’s Liz Carter Center (subject to change during COVID-19)
Background: St. Vincent de Paul – Cincinnati (SVDP) has served residents of greater Cincinnati for over 150 years with basic needs such as food, medicine, and homelessness prevention through the agency’s outreach centers in the West End and Winton Hills and through 53 parish-based volunteer Conferences. SVDP provides holistic direct assistance and systemic change services while treating neighbors in need with dignity and compassion.
Scope of Position: The Grant Writer is responsible for writing, reporting, and researching grants from foundations, corporations, and government funders. This position will require collaboration with colleagues across the organization.
- Write grant proposals and reports in partnership with Planned Giving and Grants Manager
- Collaborate with program staff to compile output and outcome data for necessary proposals and reports
- Collaborate with Finance Department to gather needed financial documentation for proposals and reports
- Support Development Department relationships with specific grant funders and record activities in donor database
- Research funding opportunities through foundation, corporate, and/or government grants
- Assist with grant reporting for Relationship Building Committee and Board of Directors
- Perform other duties as assigned, especially responding to needs in the Development Department
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience managing deadlines and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Passion for SVDP’s mission and comfort communicating on topics of faith, charity, and justice
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Previous experience with grant writing and/or nonprofit fundraising
Physical Requirements: Job duties can primarily be performed from a desk using standard office equipment.
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 18th.