Development of grant/contract proposals from concept to submission. Identifying new funding sources, completions of renewal grants/contracts, research and processing of new program applications, and capital development grants. Provide progress and final reports as required. Coordinate collaboration between PWC and other organizations if necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide written proposals in grants/contracts with budget analysis and completion.
- Develop foundation (past, present, potential) donors through grant/contract seeking; phone calls, letters/correspondence, follow-up, thank you letters, and reports.
- Coordinate with Finance Department regarding all budget activities related to funding requests and reports.
- Research new/potential donors (foundations and organizations) and develop organizational contact and relationship to meet present and expanding income goals.
- Create original written material based on the latest statistic, research information for grants and correspondence to donors. Incorporate information into proposals, newsletters, brochures, and special event collateral pieces.
- Maintain all foundation grant/contract files.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Experience in fiscal and budgetary projects; experience with City, State and Federal Proposals.
- Experience in developing relationships with both private and public entities; ability to professionally represent and make funding case for the agency.
- Experience working with both For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Resources.
- Experience in successful grant writing; demonstrated grant writing ability, verbal presentation and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and manage deadlines.
- Proven experience in creatively and successfully researching information regarding new foundation/donor prospects.
- Demonstrated understanding and interest of PWC’s program-related research and development efforts.
- Experience in political agendas and committees.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA Degree in English or related field is preferred.
- Proven track record in securing grants preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with City, State, and Federal grant programs preferred.
- Experience in conducting research and information gathering to support proposals.
- Understanding of and commitment to the agency’s mission.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge and experience with donor database software is required.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Close and distant vision is required.
- Frequent standing, stooping, walking, bending, crawling, lifting of light to medium objects.
- Ability to drive to various locations.
- Office environment.
Interested candidates may apply to:
Attn: Human Resources
People Working Cooperatively
4612 Paddock Road
Cincinnati, OH 45229