Job title: Grant Writer
Organization: The University of Cincinnati Foundation
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
The Grant Writer, Corporation and Foundation Relations is a non-exempt (hourly) position employed by the University of Cincinnati Foundation (UCF) and reports to the Director of Foundation Relations.
The Grant Writer is responsible for researching and working with faculty and staff to write various grant applications and reports for University of Cincinnati’s colleges and units.
- Identify and research potential grant funding sources to support the priorities and needs of the UC campus, colleges and programs
- Write and submit in a timely manner, funding proposals, letters of intent, cover letters and marketing cases for support
- Provide proposal editing and feedback to faculty and others as needed
- Responsible for all aspects of proposal preparation and submission
- Responsible for writing and submitting grant reports to donors for previously funded projects
- Adhere to the UC Foundation’s policies and processes of prospect management to ensure coordination with all units and programs at the University
- Maintain quality donor files, including timely submission of contact reports in the Foundation database
- Use Foundation Center database and other resources to compile individual foundation prospect profiles upon request
- Compile bi-weekly RFP list from announcements sent by the Foundation Center and other sources and distribute to faculty and staff at UC.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of demonstrated successful experience in grant writing.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to effectively build and sustain good collaborative relationships with donors, colleagues, volunteers, college personnel, and other constituencies in a professional manner
- Strong organizational skills, including setting priorities and meeting deadlines, managing details accurately, and following through in a timely manner
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, e-mail and web-related activities, and database management
Interested candidates apply online by CLICKING HERE.