- Researches and identifies new government, corporate, foundations and private funding prospects.
- Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations.
- Generates revenues for SPCA’s programs and services through timely submission of research, written and documented grant/fund-raising proposals.
- Develops, maintains and implements calendar for research, LOI, applications and stewardship.
- Coordinate and follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals.
- Writes reports to government, corporate, foundations and other funders.
- Develops an annual grant strategy
- Identifies funding opportunities and new program areas to match SPCA’s priorities, using research tools.
- Serves as a liaison to all funding agencies or organizations. (as needed)
- Engages with program officers at organizations to solicit invitations to submit proposals.
- Special projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Communications and/or a minimum of three years in related experience in grant writing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as statistics, ability to write reports and correspond, ability to speak effectively in a group setting.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and techniques.
Please send your resume toJWhite@SPCACincinnati.org with your salary requirement and the top three reasons why you are the best candidate for this position. This is a newly created position at our Sharonville location.