Job title: Grant Writer
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
The Grant Writer will work closely with the Executive Director of 1N5 whose mission is to prevent by erasing the stigma of mental illness and promoting optimal mental wellness. The position is responsible for identifying, cultivating, and managing grants from foundations and government entities.
- Serve as a primary solicitor and point of contact for foundations and government entities.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, corporate, and government sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundation, corporate and government grants.
- Work with Executive Director to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Make appointments for Executive Director with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees, etc.).
- Maintain funding records in grants database, including grant tracking and reporting.
- A transparent, collaborative, and confident leadership style.
- A friendly, outward facing personality – eager to engage with colleagues and donors.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to successfully manage several priorities on a regular basis.
- Comfortable with occasional last-minute deadlines and quickly changing information and projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience managing deadlines and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Passion for 1N5’s mission and comfort communicating on topics of mental health
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Previous experience with grant writing
- Previous experience with grants management software (not mandatory)
Salary Range: $26-32 per hour as this is a part-time position
Interested candidates please email info@1N5.org