Job title: Grant Specialist
Organization: Talbert House
This position is responsible for the preparation, submission and tracking of grant proposals to provide and expand funding for Talbert House services and its affiliates.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Evaluate agency funding needs in the areas of mental health, addictions, community care, housing and community corrections.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to corporate and foundation donors.
- Make appointments for development and/or program staff with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours.
- Maintain current records in database and create a tracking mechanism for deadlines, required reporting materials, etc.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to synthesize, research and collect complex information.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources and basic fundraising techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years’ experience or four years’ experience with proven track record in grant writing and program development.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.