Job Title: Giving Officer
Reports to: Senior Development Manager
Hours: 40 hours/week
Location: SVDP’s Liz Carter Center
Background: St. Vincent de Paul – Cincinnati (SVDP) has served residents of greater Cincinnati for over 150 years with basic needs assistance such as food, medicine, and homelessness prevention through the organization’s Neyer Outreach Center in the West End and through 53 parish-based volunteer Conferences. SVDP provides holistic direct assistance and systemic change services while treating neighbors in need with dignity and compassion.
Scope of Position: The Giving Officer is responsible for identifying and researching prospective donors, recruiting new donors, managing and cultivating relationships with existing donors, and securing financial support for the organization.
- Manage portfolio of organizational donors; develop good understanding of donors’ philanthropic goals and preferences and provide giving opportunities that support these goals
- Build strong relationships with donors within portfolio and collaborate with Board, Committee, and Team members in strategic ways to support relationship building efforts for other donors
- Drive awareness of SVDP, its mission, programs, and needs with portfolio donors through the use of engaging techniques, including hosting visits to SVDP’s Neyer Outreach Center
- Secure mid-level, major, and planned gifts to support the organization’s annual needs, as well as one-time campaigns or special efforts
- Oversee the qualification of donors as prospects for major gifts, planned gifts, sponsorships, grants, event support, or more by utilizing a prospect research database and analyzing and sharing outcomes
- Support organization-wide stewardship efforts, including donor events, strategic mailings and more
- Perform other duties as needed for the External Relations Department
- 3-5 years experience in the fundraising field or in a similar field with portfolio management experience
- Excellent capacity to actively listen and build strong relationships
- Strong time management, organizational, analytical, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Thorough understanding of the development field, especially relationship-based fundraising and fundraising (or CRM) databases (DonorPerfect preferred)
- Goal oriented, self starter, with ability to work with minimal supervision and see projects through
- Proven ability to create, grow, and retain strong donor relationships
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul
- Availability to work some event-related evenings and weekends
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree
- Established network and relationships within Cincinnati, ideal
Physical Requirements: Job duties can primarily be performed from a desk using standard office equipment. Occasional requirement to lift items of 20 pounds for special events.
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.