Job Title: Fund Development and Special Events Manager
Responsible to: Fund Development Director
Responsibilities: The Fund Development and Special Events Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of all fundraising and awareness-raising events at Over-the-Rhine Community Housing. This position will lead the event planning committee in soliciting event sponsorships and organizing event details and logistics, and will create marketing plans to publicize events. The Fund Development and Special Events Manager will also provide general support to the Fund Development department in the execution of fundraising and marketing efforts. This position does not supervise staff.
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing Background
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing (OTRCH), founded in 1978, is a not-for-profit community development corporation whose mission is to develop and manage resident-centered affordable housing and build inclusive community and benefit low-income residents. We provide the Property Management, Property Development, Resident Services and Tenant Advocacy that enable the thriving, diverse community we enjoy today.
OTRCH traces its roots back to RESTOC (1978) and Over the Rhine Housing Network (1988). Today OTRCH owns 102 buildings and manages over 475 units of housing. In 2017 OTRCH served 1,071 households.
• 2-3 years of event planning, nonprofit fundraising or related experience
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree
• Proven verbal and written skills
• Ability to convey knowledge of and enthusiasm for the mission and goals of Over-the-Rhine Community Housing
• Comfort working with volunteers, staff, board members and potential donors
• Excellent presentation, listening and conversational skills
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple facets of a project over an extended planning period
• Experience and ease meeting and socializing with people from diverse backgrounds
• Superb communication, organization, and administrative skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office required, experience with Adobe InDesign a plus
• Work with the Fund Development Director to manage fundraising and awareness-raising events, with emphasis on identifying, developing and implementing the special events to meet organizational objectives
• Planning, implementing, managing and evaluating signature event
• Identify opportunities to organize new special events
• Cultivate and expand corporate sponsorship development and fulfillment
• Manage all aspects of the Event Planning Committee, including but not limited to volunteer recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgment
• Maintain event management software
• Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution
• Responsible for development and fulfillment of event budgets
• Other fundraising and marketing duties as assigned
• 20 hours per week
• Must be flexible to work during events
• Occasional evenings and weekends required
If you have the prerequisite experience and skills and a strong desire to make a difference please send your resume with a cover letter to Katie Knipe at firstname.lastname@example.org or Over-the-Rhine Community Housing, 114 W. 14th St., Cincinnati, OH 45202 by Friday, December 21, 2018 at 5pm EST.
Important – You must have a sincere commitment to the inner city. Only candidates with passion and energy need apply.
Over-the-Rhine Community Housing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.