Freestore Foodbank is hiring! The Development and External Affairs Department is seeking a new Foundation Relations Officer/Major Gifts. This is a full-time position with competitive benefits and a robust health and wellness program. This opening is at our administrative offices at 1141 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Freestore Foodbank’s mission is to improve lives by eliminating hunger in partnership with our community. Our vision is to create a hunger-free, healthy and thriving community by providing nutritious food, connecting to supportive services, and offering a pathway from crisis to stability. Join us in making a difference in our community!
Job Description Summary
Identify, qualify, solicit, close and steward major gifts ($5,000+) with a focus on grants to foundations. Create strategic requests and reports for Foundations by working with program staff to integrate into overall department goals and plans.
Essential Job Functions
- Identify, qualify, solicit, close and steward major gifts from corporations, foundations and individuals through visits and other forms of direct personal contact with a strong focus on grant writing
- Execute moves management approach to the portfolio and a custom strategy for each donor to develop approaches to generate new and higher levels of giving
- Meet annual goals for solicitation proposals developed and secured
- Enlist senior management, volunteers and board members in the cultivation and solicitation of major donors and prospects that integrates into the overall department goals and plans
- Promote and close complex sales such as campaign and endowment gifts
- Coordinate cultivation, recognition and stewardship activities, as needed, with other staff members
- Develop customized communications for donors and supporters in order to deepen their understanding and support of Freestore Foodbank’s mission
- Monitor and report relationship management activity using constituent relationship management system (Raiser’s Edge) including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospective and current corporate, foundation and individual major donors
- Assist in short and long range planning activities to support and implement fundraising goals and objectives
- Provide writing/editing and storytelling support for the organization
- Ensure organization-wide critical thinking to align needs and donor opportunities
- Build relationships to enable timely requests and responsive reporting
- Maintain a schedule to support 75+ relationships efficiently and effectively
- Remain knowledgeable of all Freestore Foodbank programs, services and events
- Represent the organization externally, providing consistent and positive customer service
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field with Master’s preferred
Minimum of 5-7 years of successful portfolio management experience in a similar field with proven success record in grant writing, major and/or foundation relations.
Skills & Abilities
Ability to work effectively across all departments and teams. Exceptional writing skills with strong oral and presentation communication skills and demonstrated ability to persuade others. Proficiency in writing solicitation letters, proposal and stewardship materials. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with ability to learn Raiser’s Edge, Power Plan and other relevant tracking and reporting systems. Strong organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task, handling many relationships at once. Expectation of ability to work occasional nights/weekends.
No direct reports
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standing: Up to 1/3 of the time
Sitting: 2/3 of the time or more
Talking: 2/3 of the time or more
Hearing: 2/3 or more
Office environment with some travel expected to meet Foundations officers, work between buildings and attend organizational events. Staff must be able to transport themselves.
Visit our website at https://freestorefoodbank.org/about-us/ and click “view open positions”